Jzack605

onX has a chip don’t they? I don’t have cell service in most places I hunt. 

I think there is some confusion here and the confusion is Garmin's fault.

OnX chips work in the Alpha 100

OnX chips do NOT work in the Alpha 200. You can only use Garmin chips in the 200.

If you already have an Alpha 100 and have a bunch OnX chips, and want to upgrade to an Alpha 200, your OnX chips are worthless.

Thanks a bunch Garmin

28 minutes ago, Flush said:

OnX chips do NOT work in the Alpha 200. You can only use Garmin chips in the 200.

If you already have an Alpha 100 and have a bunch OnX chips, and want to upgrade to an Alpha 200, your OnX chips are worthless.

Thanks a bunch Garmin

As much as I like Garmin's products, I do not like some of their business practices. They could support their products longer imo. I am going to run my Astro 320 with DC-40 collars into the dirt before I get anything new. 

I'm no lawyer but designing a product that takes an accessory but ONLY one you offer seems to open door to legal action from a company marketing an equivalent product.   

Jzack605

I don’t think there’s any legal opportunities there, it’s a fairly common practice.

but I’m also no lawyer 

molliesmaster

One of you onX lovers can sell me your 200 for cheap, or perhaps an even swap for my 100.  :)

4 hours ago, Flush said:

Thanks a bunch Garmin

This is good to know, I’m going to upgrade before the 2022 season.