Garmin Watch dog alerts

Jim Vander

I have used an Instinct with my alpha to good effect for about a year and half. I have a new dog who is learning our property boundaries with help from the alpha. I have set up a permitter and get alerted if she leaves it which has worked well and its developed really nice recall too. Ive done all this with the handheld. Now that she respects the boundaries most of the time I decided to try my watch rather than the handheld. I dont  get any alerts when she leaves perimeter like I do on handheld. I do get the standard direction arrow and distance and point alerts. Digging on garmin website they dont make much mention of what alerts are supported. Has anyone tried this or have any ideas?

WPG Gizmo

Jim your alpha has to be on and paired with the instinct to get any dog alerts it will not work otherwise as for a boundary I don't know that answer but if you get an alert on your Alpha you should also get that alert on your instinct

Cooter Brown

I'm pretty sure you're not going to get that kind of alert on the Instinct.  The Instinct uses the Garmin "Widget" which only gives you distance, directional arrow, and point alert.  The Instinct can't use the after market Apps like the Fenix can. A lot of the functionality and info that is on the handheld is also on the Apps and therefore can be viewed on watches like the Fenix.  The dog tracking widget on the Instinct is very basic.