Have Alpha 200 and am thinking of getting an Instinct watch

Idaho Chukar Hunter

What I am wondering is whether the watch can be set to vibrate and make a sound tone when the dog goes on point?  I need the audible warnings.

Idaho Chukar Hunter

Well, no answers, so I went ahead and ordered the Instinct from Amazon, figuring I could send it back if I didn’t like it.  But, its great!  And it does buzz and vibrate when a dog goes on point, which was important to me.  It makes enough sound that even I can hear it.  (Too many boxes of shells through a shotgun as a kid, without ear protection).  And, the arrows are pretty accurate as is the distance on the watch screen.  So, it ain’t goin back….its here to stay!

6918A0C1-09CC-49E4-8C17-E1F28A6C91F7.jpeg

Didn't see this thread till now, but yes it indeed does vibrate.  The only issue I have had with the watch is when going thru heavy (and I mean heavy) brush I've hit the side buttons on the watch and suddenly I'm in no mans land and the watch is into a different mode.  Trying to get it back to where it was is darn difficult when you are in the middle of a hunt.  I understand you can lock the screen so that doesn't happen, but frankly I can get confused by this sort of thing.   For me it works better in open country versus plowing thru Woodcock brush just for that reason.   PS.  Do believe it is quite accurate as far as distance and arrow pointing towards the dogs location.