New Garmin Alpha 10 Handheld Track and Train

molliesmaster

I really think this device will be the right fit for a lot of hunters.  

Finally a feature to pair with your phone!

ScenicRoute

This is the screen I wish the 550 plus had.  I like the mapping of the alpha and the control of the 550. 

Plus you can set waypoints on the unit to say get back to your vehicle.

Gun Dog Supply seems to have the Alpha 100 and 200 but not the 10.  

It would be nice to find a side-by-side comparison for each model.  The 10 looks smaller than the 200 and 100 but I can't see if has all the same features or more features than the others.

This is timely for me, but looks like I'll have to dig out some more information.

Edited by BrentD
erred
8 hours ago, GuyO said:

Finally a feature to pair with your phone!

I can pair the 200i with my iphone and the Garmin Explore app. Not sure I’ll use it that way much though.

WI Outdoor Nut

I am intrigued!  I know I use my map a ton on my 220 to look at waypoints and where the truck is parked, plus rivers/creeks.  So this does not have the map, but will pair to my iPhone, which I use onx?

12 minutes ago, WI Outdoor Nut said:

I am intrigued!  I know I use my map a ton on my 220 to look at waypoints and where the truck is parked, plus rivers/creeks.  So this does not have the map, but will pair to my iPhone, which I use onx?

It will pair to the phone but maybe not OnX :(  Looks like you have to have (buy?) a Garmin App and maybe some more maps/aerials.  Sure would like to know more.  I've spent an hour on Garmin's website and it doesn't spell out all of the details.  The ergonomics of the hand-held is a bit of a mystery as well.  

Love the size, but looks like it would be even more difficult than the Alpha 100 to give corrections if you're running multiple dogs. Alpha 100 is already cumbersome for this task, this looks downright impossible. What am I missing?

6 minutes ago, E.Young said:

Love the size, but looks like it would be even more difficult than the Alpha 100 to give corrections if you're running multiple dogs. Alpha 100 is already cumbersome for this task, this looks downright impossible. What am I missing?

Can you elaborate on this for the A100?  I am considering one, but the ergonomics are not easy to see on line.

5 minutes ago, BrentD said:

Can you elaborate on this for the A100?  I am considering one, but the ergonomics are not easy to see on line.

Ive had one since they came out and it works great for me. Very easy to program buttons even for two dogs, leaving one of the buttons for a dog that might require more correction juice.

munsterlander
3 minutes ago, john mcg said:

Ive had one since they came out and it works great for me. Very easy to program buttons even for two dogs, leaving one of the buttons for a dog that might require more correction juice.

Is it easy to do a “no-look” correction and change of correction level like the 550 and Sport Pro?  Or do you have go to a menu?