A rainy day question. Do you use nicknames for your dogs?

fourtrax57

Sumbitch and BAD DOG!!!

Are both alternate names that apply to all of ours.😀

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grifish

• Curt

• Pudgy gopher

• john mcg

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This little girls name is Dixie, I got her from Maurice Lindley in S.C., one of my better dog buying decisions.  When she was young, say 1-3 years old she would not pass up the opportunity to wrestle

Dot, Dottie and DoeTroe... and some other things when she's out at 700 yards and going!     Ellie, Ellie Mae Clampett, Ellard May and Elton John (when she's been a ROCK STAR!).

Fletcher...my 5 year old granddaughter calls him "Fletchie", the rest of us often call him "Fletch", and a former UJ'er friend calls him "Dug".  I use plenty of other names for him at times, but none

Posted Images

Tucker is Tucker-Time or T-Time or T-Bone

Trixie is Trixster or Trixanne

ZUFJVZH.jpg

Best sleepin' couch ever, can't believe we gave it away.

Hal Standish

FC AFC CFC Zeta ........

Zeta

Zeta Beta 

Warrior Princess

Jim Vander

I had a nice trial dog a lab  named Ashley, she was a devil incarnate. Would run 3-4 series like she owned it, then would blow up, sometimes run behind the guns, sometimes just keep running up hill to have a look then turn around run down and pick up the bird like she knew exactly where it was. A judge once asked me if the AKC gave me any grief on the registration for godammit Ashley. I flushed a lot of entry fees with that dog. A  hell of a gun dog though.

RuffChaser

Bentley- Bent, Bentley Wentley, $&@“hole get out of that deer crap

Chip-Chippy Dippey, Karate Chip

Betty Boop- Betty, Betty Wetty, big girl, Betty Booperson

This little girls name is Dixie, I got her from Maurice Lindley in S.C., one of my better dog buying decisions.  When she was young, say 1-3 years old she would not pass up the opportunity to wrestle a porcupine and made several trips to the vet to be de-quilled.

One evening while watching that old Anthony Bourdain tv show, he was in the Philippines out in the bush.  His guide killed a Philippine porcupine and they cleaned and ate it for supper.  Anthony asked the guide, "what do you call this animal here in the Philippines"?  The guy thought for a moment and said, "squeezel".

My wife and I laughed and Dixie has been 'Squeezel' ever since.

Sept.22, 2010 009 (4).jpg

Ndi = Nders or Little Man

Ndi%20Grouse%202018-338x450.jpg

Reggie = Reg or Wedge

Reggie%202018%20%282%29-355x450.jpg

Less flattering names I can post are Knothead or Stink Butt.  Both dogs answer to either....

1 hour ago, Pudgy gopher said:

“You little F****r” 😉

I've known a few dogs with that nickname.

I call my dog 'Pup' all the time. To the point that people ask me how old my pup is and I have to explain that he is 7 years old and that I call him, and many other dogs, 'Pup' all the time. The name he responds to best is 'DOG!' That is like someone's mother using their middle name.

I actually have to call some of my sisters' dogs nicknames now because he has learned their names. I'm sure soon he will figure out that B-dog is Bella. 

Always get alternate names eventually.  Simplified with Gin by just calling her GinGin after the ginger candies.  

Kansas Big Dog

Jack- Jackie-Bo Jackson, because he runs like Bo Jackson.

Nikki-She is a sweet girl, and her back looks like drops of brown sugar and butter sugar pie my mom made when I was a kid.

Nate_Nate the skate.

Oak-Oaky Poky.

But generally, Oak and Nate are frequently called dick heads. Because, of course, that is what they are. 

Rogue Hunter

When the lovely Lucy was a pup, she'd do things that had me calling her Lucy-fer.