• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DAG

• juneboy1

• rideold

• Rthawker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been out the last three days looking for grouse. Dog flushed a moose with her kids, listened to some elk bugle and shot a few birds. 

Got out for an hour or so this morning. Pointed a covey of 10 which slowly flushed. This is the only one I shot. Missed 2 that I could’ve hit with the barrel of the gun. Oh well, get em next year. 

Posted Images

Out of the 20 grouse we flushed today, this one is the only one I connected on. He is a monster. 

07047D14-4241-4C4A-9ECD-2689513E2CC8.jpeg

13 minutes ago, juneboy1 said:

60A1550A-5F9B-4EF0-B0E1-C133C153F854.jpeg

Was this today? Leaves were crazy beautiful today. 

On 9/27/2021 at 9:33 PM, DAG said:

Was this today? Leaves were crazy beautiful today. 

This pic was Sunday, I chauffeured my wife around Kebler Pass today with her long lens and tripod. I post some of those tomorrow. I have never seen a fall like this on the western slope of Colorado like this before. 

Allen McCallie
On 9/4/2021 at 9:11 AM, DAG said:

Been out the last three days looking for grouse. Dog flushed a moose with her kids, listened to some elk bugle and shot a few birds. 

B48C0062-2C53-418B-8276-6053246AE6F1.jpeg

06821221-547D-4C59-844C-0F7A84436858.jpeg

Beautiful dog critter.  Nice background too. Just wish I was in the photo!

In your opinion, is there any reliable way to distinguish between a Braque and a GSP by sight?

• 2 weeks later...

That's grand!  I managed to stumble around the woods during my time bow hunting north of Kremling and didn't see nary a bird...or dee or elk but that's another matter.

molliesmaster
On 9/27/2021 at 11:19 PM, juneboy1 said:

60A1550A-5F9B-4EF0-B0E1-C133C153F854.jpeg

I have some bird hunting dreams and aspirations and a lot of them look just like this.     That is truly beautiful. 

Headed to  Colorado in 2 weeks hoping to get on some blues this will be my 1st time hunting them, I expect them to be pretty high In elevation by that time of year?

Don Steese

I'm really glad someone mentioned a Braque and you confirmed it because I was about to tell you what a nice looking GSP you had and that would have made me look like the idiot I am! Sure looks like my Maggie though!

P1000490.thumb.JPG.57099e15b20369386b2a08d259a8332f.JPG

3 hours ago, Rthawker said:

Headed to  Colorado in 2 weeks hoping to get on some blues this will be my 1st time hunting them, I expect them to be pretty high In elevation by that time of year?

The problem is the snow. Once it starts it’s hard to get to the birds. We were discussing it yesterday that it might be our last day depending on the storm today. 

On 9/30/2021 at 12:57 PM, Allen McCallie said:

Beautiful dog critter.  Nice background too. Just wish I was in the photo!

In your opinion, is there any reliable way to distinguish between a Braque and a GSP by sight?

Thanks! I feel like the GSP has a more pointed muzzle/face but that’s just me. This is my friends 2 GSP honoring my Braque.