Kennel drain

SetterTime

Building a new outdoor kennel for jack. Im adding a lean to onto my pole barn so he will have a covered concrete kennel with indoor quarters as well. 

I would like to put an open trench train around the perimeter of the kennel to catch water/small waste when i wash down the kennel.

My question is where is this typical located? On the inside of the kennel fence panels or outside of them?

any info would be appreciated!

I’m fixing to redo my kennel.  I’m going to pour my concrete to where it will funnel to the outside of the fence and drain into the drainpipe outside the kennel.   I have put drains on the kennel in the inside but didn’t like it. 

Fire Marshal Bill
44 minutes ago, Hal Standish said:

Outside, for sure.

Hal

X2

molliesmaster

Mine has a trench along the back of the pad, pad sloping that way.  The kennel/pen is up on blocks that allow me to spray waste under it into the channel then wash the channel downstream into my drainage. 

I’ll get some pictures here shortly. 

airmedic1

I put mine on the outside and funneled it into a buried 55 gallon barrel with holes about halfway up. Used to put RidEx in it.

SetterTime
5 hours ago, molliesmaster said:

Mine has a trench along the back of the pad, pad sloping that way.  The kennel/pen is up on blocks that allow me to spray waste under it into the channel then wash the channel downstream into my drainage. 

I’ll get some pictures here shortly. 

Picture would be great. Thanks!

Chief Paduke

Drain tile and gravel has worked fine for me. My building does have a gutter on the lean to. 

• 2 weeks later...
molliesmaster
On 9/9/2021 at 12:29 PM, SetterTime said:

Picture would be great. Thanks!

Sorry for the delay.  A daycare cold bug ravaged our house over the last two weeks. 

0A5E8ED7-DEC6-40A0-9EAE-6266F7021D4A.jpeg

60938022-5DF2-41A9-898F-98718E51A758.jpeg

SetterTime
1 hour ago, molliesmaster said:

Sorry for the delay.  A daycare cold bug ravaged our house over the last two weeks. 

Looks good, Thanks for the pictures. Now i just need to figure out how to form. Hopefully will pour concrete in a few weeks 

3 hours ago, molliesmaster said:

Looking at what you have. It appears as though it’s the way I’m fixing to do my new kennel. What size is your carport that you put your kennel under.  I bought a carport just to redo mine. I waiting on my new barn to be erected then when I pour concrete for it I’ll pour the slab for the kennel. 

molliesmaster
13 hours ago, mccuha said:

Looking at what you have. It appears as though it’s the way I’m fixing to do my new kennel. What size is your carport that you put your kennel under.  I bought a carport just to redo mine. I waiting on my new barn to be erected then when I pour concrete for it I’ll pour the slab for the kennel. 

The carport is 31'Lx27'W.         Just make sure whoever is forming your concrete slopes everything correctly.   My guy left a little hump about midways down my channel.   It isn't a huge hassle, I just have to push the water/waste past that point to get it to drain out completely. 

3 hours ago, molliesmaster said:

The carport is 31'Lx27'W.         Just make sure whoever is forming your concrete slopes everything correctly.   My guy left a little hump about midways down my channel.   It isn't a huge hassle, I just have to push the water/waste past that point to get it to drain out completely. 

I’ll do the forming and pouring/finish so if any to blame it’ll be on me.  By looking at yours I have a good idea how I want to do it.  

how many runs do you have.  Or how many could you put under yours