Safety / shooting/ sun glasses for bird hunting

blanked

Kind of need all 3 bit safety is top priority.   I dont like the cheap standard glasses from hardware stores.   What do you like. Leaning toward what duck hunters use

I use and have long used polycarbonate glasses made for mountain biking and other activities like that. One of the great features is how they are vented. It reduces fogging under heavy activity.

I am of no help but that doesn’t stop me from pontificating. I hunt alone 99% of the time and rarely encounter another hunter so the basic shooting glasses from sporting good stores or hunting departments work. I don’t have to worry about random pellets hitting me. I use them primarily to see brighter/better in thick shadowy cover but mostly to avoid spruce needles and twigs in the eyeball. A pair will last me a couple seasons then become too scratched up or I misplace them. I like the reddish amber color, and yellow second. 

I got some from, if I remember right, safetyglassesUSA.com. Many different brand to choose from. Mine are Pyramex wrap around, cheaters. I have 3 pairs, yellow, clear, and very light yellow/tan. They ran about $8/pr. three years ago.

I too am an alone hunter 99% of the time...so its protection from twigs and branches and I just use the ones from Home Depot...but this year I am trying some fishing glasses to see if they help in the shade

8 minutes ago, Bloodhound said:

I too am an alone hunter 99% of the time...so its protection from twigs and branches and I just use the ones from Home Depot...but this year I am trying some fishing glasses to see if they help in the shade

The pair I got about 6 years ago are photo-sensitive.

6 minutes ago, john mcg said:

The pair I got about 6 years ago are photo-sensitive.

I will look for some...thanks for the info  

Atwood's sells Carhartt Safety glasses that I like enough to wear at work and afield. They have a UV protective coated clear model and a light amber sun shade that both go well shooting or working. 

56654.jpg

Here are the clears.

https://www.amazon.com/Carhartt-CHB290D-Carbondale-Glasses-Antique/dp/B07596SVNM/ref=asc_df_B07596SVNM/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310489093865&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13512226850686114033&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9021610&hvtargid=pla-568965776522&psc=1

Here is the Amazon link. I saw clears and one dark on here, however not the shade of dark I wear. 

I wear my light yellow (for better contrast) shooting glasses when hunting. They are single vision for distance. I can see just fine within a couple feet without correction.

2 hours ago, Skybuster said:

I wear my light yellow (for better contrast) shooting glasses when hunting. They are single vision for distance. I can see just fine within a couple feet without correction.

I do the same and they work well for me.

On 9/12/2021 at 2:32 PM, blanked said:

Kind of need all 3 bit safety is top priority.   I dont like the cheap standard glasses from hardware stores.   What do you like. Leaning toward what duck hunters use

What do duck hunter use? A serious question.

Avoid wrap around style if you have fogging issues. I’m a head sweater so I can’t wear them in the woods. But, since I’ve stopped using the wrap style shooting clays I no longer have the issue. I have L&M Lenses and they’re fantastic. You can get prescription if needed as well.