Dang tailgate bird pics . . .

Mike da Carpenter

Surprised the crap out of my wife one morning when she got up to make us breakfast.  I had taken the boys to a friend’s pig roast while she went out with her girlfriends.  I brought home the best part of the pig and never even considered telling her as it never crossed my mind.  I do now know what’s gonna happen next time…as she told me.  HA!!

14EBE390-07D3-49BD-BD03-AC8F74E256DE.thumb.jpeg.3c63ccf756a25ae890eeecc13e3ab516.jpeg

28 minutes ago, UplandVirginia said:

🤣 I’d be as dead as those birds if I tried to pull that one in my house. 

This. One of us would have to go.

Ya might wanna try cleaning those suckers before you put ‘em in the fridge.  I think I’d be looking for a new partner if I did that.  😁. MT Fish and Game will be pleased, however.

Congrats on a successful hunt, Jeff!   Those sharpies taste mighty good.  Just don’t over cook them.

11 hours ago, UplandVirginia said:

🤣 I’d be as dead as those birds if I tried to pull that one in my house. 

I have a small frig in the garage that keeps me from the ER.

Many many tears ago I shot a limit of 12 doves, placed them in the garage frig whole in a Walmart bag to clean them the next morning.  Went to bed and the wife went to that frig to get a coke and when she opened the door birds started tumbling out of the bag onto the garage floor.  

She came upstairs and woke me up to clean the birds right then.  Was done on the back deck under the lights.  PS.  It never happened again.

I put my fresh shot birds in plastic bags in fridge if weather is warm and I can’t hang them.  I leave Woodcock ungutted, but try and pull out the innards of grouse before fridge or hanging to age. The grouse Cash caught recently was in fridge for a couple days, and right now there is a deer liver in a clear ziplock bag in full sight (gifted from a friend). JoAnn doesn’t blink an eye. Just lucky I guess.