Jump to content

Retirement suits me


Recommended Posts

Got away in the middle of the week for a short fly fishing jaunt - no crowds!  Took one of my favorite small water rods, a little 6’ 3wt bamboo stick I made, matched to a birth-year (1964) Hardy reel.  Probably best I couldn't get the 18” trout to come out from under a ledge, but this little fella came out to play.

5D11D430-A306-4C2D-8BFD-D6C82305FE1D.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

The little banty rods are fun to play with aren't they. I've got a little boo 5'9" one piece I use to like for playing in the tight areas of small streams and harassing bluegills and an occasional bass in a couple of private ponds I had access to. Not much for mending but you can shoot a line into some tight spots that some smarta$$ fish thought was

a safe haven. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Retirement suits me also. 😎. Although because this year it seems determined to rain like hell every week I haven’t been fishing in months. 
Nice rod, pretty fish, great idea.   Pouring down rain right now as a matter of fact.    

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, quailguy said:

Retirement suits me also. 😎. Although because this year it seems determined to rain like hell every week I haven’t been fishing in months. 
Nice rod, pretty fish, great idea.   Pouring down rain right now as a matter of fact.    

You can't fish on the day s it doesn't rain?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Geoff Roznak said:

You can't fish on the day s it doesn't rain?

It has rained 7&1/2 inches the last 3 weeks. Just as soon as the streams clears up it rains again. Before the rains and floods came it was sunny and in the 90s.  And it’s been a bad summer for family issues, such as putting the MiL in assisted living. That was a real intense couple weeks.  Before that I did go fishing. 
And my barrel is bent, the sun was in my eyes, I stepped in a badger hole, and that cheap ammo was really lousy.  😎

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, quailguy said:

It has rained 7&1/2 inches the last 3 weeks. Just as soon as the streams clears up it rains again. Before the rains and floods came it was sunny and in the 90s.  And it’s been a bad summer for family issues, such as putting the MiL in assisted living. That was a real intense couple weeks.  Before that I did go fishing. 
And my barrel is bent, the sun was in my eyes, I stepped in a badger hole, and that cheap ammo was really lousy.  😎

I hear you on the MIL issue...we did that with my mom this year.  It's brutal, for everyone involved.

I fish streams, rivers, lakes...whatever, so there's always someplace to go, even if one of them is tough fishing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Geoff Roznak said:

I hear you on the MIL issue...we did that with my mom this year.  It's brutal, for everyone involved.

I fish streams, rivers, lakes...whatever, so there's always someplace to go, even if one of them is tough fishing.

Many locales across the Northeast have already had a wet end to the summer. Rainfall during August has been above average to excessive in the same areas of the Northeast that Ida is forecast to impact. One and a half to three times the normal monthly rainfall has fallen in the corridor that will experience Ida's torrential rain.

In some areas, the excessive rainfall was due to the impacts of Tropical Rainstorm Fred and/or Tropical Storm Henri in prior weeks, but in other areas, an almost daily dose of pop-up showers and thunderstorms has drenched and saturated the landscape.

 

https://www.accuweather.com/en/hurricane/ida-to-unleash-significant-flood-risk-in-northeast/1009048

 

This is us, unfortunately.   

Rain Sept ! 2021

The first day of dove season here. A real frog strangler.  

 

Just pulled my rain data from yesterday to this morning at 0630: 1.47 inches. It continues.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...