Garmin 550 Plus - How Do You Like It?

Hey all, just was curious to know how you users like this system?  This season was my first time using it.  I have it connected to an Instinct watch.  All I can say, for me at least, is this is better than sliced bread!  I really like this set up, coupled with the watch, what an easy way to track/correct your dog.  I've used a couple different GPS systems, but this one is so simple and easy to use.....I hate to say, it's almost fool proof.  I'm sold on this system

So...what do you folks say about yours.

Best,

Greg

ScenicRoute

I have the 550+ and an alpha.  Alpha never comes out anymore.  I wish I could name the dogs and not be blue and black.  Because I know which switch position it is.  But I don’t know what color the dog is.  

Not using the watch and i'm in much smaller areas than most of you guys but i love it.  The best feature is it doesn't have the typical overdone poorly thought out Garmin interface.  

I love it. Have the watch. This will be my first hunting season with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Like it a bunch.  I have the watch that I use

sometimes with it.  I do keep an extra collar back at the truck so if I ever get turned around (it happens trust me) that I can always get back.  It truly is quite simple to use. 

ScenicRoute
4 hours ago, tut said:

Like it a bunch.  I have the watch that I use

sometimes with it.  I do keep an extra collar back at the truck so if I ever get turned around (it happens trust me) that I can always get back.  It truly is quite simple to use. 

That’s an expensive backup!  I have alpha and 550+.  I mark the truck with the alpha every time.  

I have the 550+ but not the watch. I like how simple it is to use. You just have to watch out that the toggle switches don't get moved to the wrong position.

3 hours ago, ScenicRoute said:

That’s an expensive backup!  I have alpha and 550+.  I mark the truck with the alpha every time.  

But then you are carrying two units.   I only do the truck thing with the extra collar if I am hunting unknown areas.  Some of these places I know like the front and back of my hand.  So does my dog. :)

ScenicRoute

I think the answer is no…but.  Can you pair a non tracking collar with the handheld for yard training without the gPS antenna in the way? 

Took the worry of losing the dog away. Easy to use, just glance down when needed and usually notice they are coming back to you.