Worst WC opener ever

RuffChaser
8 minutes ago, ScenicRoute said:

You had onstar???  

it was never activated so they couldn’t  access it and my phone was locked in the truck.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RuffChaser

• GLS

• john mcg

• Treerooster

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The rest of the story: So the day started out normal. It was nice and cool with a slight breeze in the morning and the sky was overcast. It was also duck opener. Not many grouse hunters out in my

So.  What's the big deal?  Could be worse you know.  Dee-troit Lions could be your home football team.

You’ll look back on this and laugh one day. Bird hunting stories told in camp don’t always involve dogs and birds. No harm no foul, you and your dogs made it out just fine.   I would say you

Posted Images

Mike Connally

I’ve been carrying a spare key in my pocket for years. Just yesterday I debated whether it was really important. This just made up my mind to keep doing it. 

A buddy just this past week, started his truck with his fob, left it on his open tail gate and drove off with it still on the tail gate.  50 miles from home, he stopped for a cool drink and turned off his truck.  He couldn't restart it because he didn't have his fob.  He luckily called back to someone who was still at the post-dove hunt party who found his keys near where he had parked and brought them to him.  Gil

Jeez, my passenger window was $500 installed....  I have 2 extra keys hid on the truck now and I remember where 1 of them is at.

Mike da Carpenter

It’s been told that to find good cover you need to burn some boot leather.  So, find any new covers along the way?

RuffChaser
1 hour ago, Mike da Carpenter said:

It’s been told that to find good cover you need to burn some boot leather.  So, find any new covers along the way?

I may have. I need to go back and explore. I'm not sure why the one brood I found on my walk with Chip was there. There must be some better cover that can't be seen from the road.

Greg Hartman

Oh my!!  Not a happy event.  I keep my truck key in the watch pocket of my jeans, so it would take a serious effort for me to do that.  Some of the places we go around here (northcentral MT), they might (??) find your body in the spring if you do that.  No people and no cell service - too far to walk to any civilization without a very good supply of water.

I never lock my truck and often leave the key in the ignition there are some advantages to driving a dented 27 year old F 150 for a hunting truck

i never locked my van hunting in ND and in 25 years no one has ever messed with it

hopefully REMO won’t drive by he’ll probably lock my doors just to “help” lol

Nice thing about F-150's is they have a key pad opener.  It has saved me a time or two.  Woodcock numbers seems down to me, but I found a few.  Grouse have been good, but I have been hunting stuff I know is good, but normally can't access.  Can't wait for some cooler weather and the leaf drop.

Two weeks ago, I sold my 2003 Sequoia 4X4 which I bought in May of model year.  I went  under the front end before the sale to retreive the spare key I had ziptied on top of a front end support.  The support was covered by a skid plate.  Where'd that skid plate come from?   Upon further reflection, it was the '97 T100 4x4 that I was thinking about for the last 15 or so years.  Oh, well.  Never lost the keys on the Sequoia so no problem.  I need to ziptie  a spare (and better) memory somewhere.  Gil

Don Steese

I had the same thing happen to me during PA's late grouse season. Far end of nowhere we see a nice spring and decide we'll fill our water jugs for the cabin. Park in the middle of the road with the engine running. After we fill the jugs we discover the truck has somehow locked itself. Do you realize how hard it is to smash a truck window with a small rock?? And we hadn't even killed a bird!

mister grouse

In the day where conventional keys were 1$ per key and available at walmart I wold get dozen spares at a  time and had them wired to vehicles and sewn in bird hunting, duck hunting , turkey hunting clothes and flyfshing vest , so even Treerooster would be impressed .   I finally have a vehicle that requires all the Fob stuff.  Being VERY careful with it.  

Treerooster
16 minutes ago, mister grouse said:

In the day where conventional keys were 1$ per key and available at walmart I wold get dozen spares at a  time and had them wired to vehicles and sewn in bird hunting, duck hunting , turkey hunting clothes and flyfshing vest , so even Treerooster would be impressed .   I finally have a vehicle that requires all the Fob stuff.  Being VERY careful with it.  

I am impressed. 🙂

In walking rough, dirt roads while turkey hunting it was not unusual to find the magnetic key holders with keys inside that folks often used to hide under trucks.  Gil