• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alaskan Swamp Collie

• Don Steese

• DennisMcFeely

• Brad Eden

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Caleb said:   I have mixed feelings about hunting tourism.  Yeah, it's fun to go have new experiences, but I'm not okay with some parts of the country outsourcing habitat to others.  In gene

A quick count on my fingers is 22 States and 5 Canadian Provinces. Plus a couple other countries. Don’t think I’ll be adding many more at this point in my life but you never know.

32 US states,  two Canadian Provinces 

Greg Hartman

Hmmmm..... Never thought about this.  Let's see.... hunted birds with dogs in PA, FL, MD, NY, IA, NE, SD, ND and MT.  Only 9.  Edit - forgot waterfowl in DE and NJ.  Still brings me to only 11.

tomato can

NH, VT, NC, PA, VA, ND & OK.  Trying to figure out if I can go back to OK or ND or try KS, NE or SD right after Xmas.  

12 for upland birds. ID, NV, OR, ND, SD, KS, OK, NM, AZ, MN, IA, WI.  

14 for upland birds, bobwhites, mearn's, pheasants, huns, sharptail, p. chicken, ruffed grouse, chukar, blue grouse, woodcock: 

AR, AZ, ID, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, NE, SD, TN, VA, WI.

11 more mostly turkey, with a few ducks, an antelope and an elk thrown in.

NH, VT, Me, MA, NY, PA, NC, SC, MN, WI, Canada and Norway 10 and 2 others

Uno ~ 1 -NY but I have only been hunting with a dog since 1997. I really have never had a desire to venture to other states to chase the ruffled grouses and their friend in coverts ~ the Wood cock . I would like to add I am impressed with you folks . 

Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Washington, Nevada, Maine, Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, New Mexico, and Louisiana.

Germany and Scotland.    

Home state of Ok. I’ve hunted NM, CO, KS, NE, MT. Hoping to add several more the next couple years. 

Alaskan Swamp Collie
5 hours ago, mister grouse said:

32 US states,  two Canadian Provinces 

Whoa, you're my idol. Can I have an autograph?

ME, MA, VT, NY, NJ, MD, VA, WV, NC, FL, IL, WI, MN, ND, SD, MT, Manitoba. Think that's it...........

I have mixed feelings about hunting tourism.  Yeah, it's fun to go have new experiences, but I'm not okay with some parts of the country outsourcing habitat to others.  In general, I think if you and your state want to hunt you should bear the costs of having habitat in your own backyard.  

Maybe we need something like an exchange program or habitat-graded scale - your ability to buy a license or the fee for that license is a function of the habitat your state is providing: if you're a net producer of birds the fee is low, but if you're a net taker of birds the fee is high (or you can't go at all).  

I'm averse to treating birds and their habitat as the sort of commodity that can be outsourced to others.  If you want to hunt, bear the costs of habitat in your own backyard.

That said, I've done my share of hunting around:

MN, WI, ND, SD, IA, NY, PA

and,

ON, QC.

Traveling is fun, but it needs to be a give and take.  Not those who sold off their bird covers and pocketed the money going out and looting states/counties that are growing bird cover at the expense of their collective bottom line.  That's sort of like neglecting to go grocery shopping and going to ask your neighbor for a stick of butter or cup of sugar, week after week after week.  At some point you need to both start buying your own groceries and repaying the debt.

Fishnfowler

ID, WA, UT, WY, MT, CA.  I thought there were more until I replied.  Regardless, those I've traveled have been good ones. 

canvasback

BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Nebraska. 

The border closure has slowed adding new states. I’d like to try Idaho and Montana. Also Arizona and New Mexico. 

Huntschool

Since I started as a young person: NJ, NY, PA, ME, IL, MO, KY, TN,  TX (South), AR (Quail and ducks), SC, NC, GA, MS, IN, WI, and MI.  Pheasants, grouse, Quail and woodcock.  I never got to the prairie birds.....  Oh well, still a good run. 

• Brad Eden locked this topic