Montana Archery Season

I have not killed an elk yet but have been within bow range of three separate bulls, a real stud on Friday.  I'm not going to go into all the details about the hunts but here are the majority of photos, at least the better ones, that I've taken this September.

IMG_20210911_155826374_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210911_155821916_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210911_161443183_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210911_161502266_HDR.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hobbes

• idcut

• RookieEP

• bobman

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have not killed an elk yet but have been within bow range of three separate bulls, a real stud on Friday.  I'm not going to go into all the details about the hunts but here are the majority of photo

Posted Images

Where I’ve been hunting the pressure from an overwhelming amount of hunters has pushed them nocturnal for now. I have never seen this many people bow hunting here before. 

57 minutes ago, Up North said:

Where I’ve been hunting the pressure from an overwhelming amount of hunters has pushed them nocturnal for now. I have never seen this many people bow hunting here before. 

I changed locations after the first couple of weeks.  Within a couple miles I was running into the guys from the trailhead and after that I was dealing with the horse guys.  I also had a couple photos taken of me by someone's trail camera at a wallow that I went to check..

IMG_20210911_173351204.jpg

IMG_20210911_173404672.jpg

Good luck on the hunting! 

I have a friend that's somewhat fanatical about bow hunting elk and has been hunting locally about every day. He's gotten into a bunch of elk, both bulls and cows, with a few, according to him being hog bulls, but hasn't had a presentable shot yet. Hope one offers a presentable shot for you before season ends!

beautiful country.....

30 years ago I was offered a job in Bozeman....I sometimes wonder what it would have been like if I moved there.....