The Planning Phase....

May just be my favorite part of a travel hunt...   Sat up half the night studying maps, reading reports and looking at lodging for a trip we have planned in November. 

Ordered some new gear.  Going to make a final list and start sorting things next. Honestly I enjoy this part as much as the hunting, until the birds fly that is.

55 minutes ago, Zkight89 said:

May just be my favorite part of a travel hunt...   Sat up half the night studying maps, reading reports and looking at lodging for a trip we have planned in November. 

Ordered some new gear.  Going to make a final list and start sorting things next. Honestly I enjoy this part as much as the hunting, until the birds fly that is.

I enjoy planning for new trips,  It's a pretty much year long thing for me. With studying maps and making contacts with people I know as well as the biologists in the given area.  I'll have by the end of the summer till before I leave I'll have contact no.s, places to check out and areas of interest all on sticky notes covering my desk.

2 minutes ago, mccuha said:

I enjoy planning for new trips,  It's a pretty much year long thing for me. With studying maps and making contacts with people I know as well as the biologists in the given area.  I'll have by the end of the summer till before I leave I'll have contact no.s, places to check out and areas of interest all on sticky notes covering my desk.

I'm also a sticky note guy. Got em all over my hotel desk currently.  It used to be hard to plan to far ahead with the nature of my job, moving to the office is going to help that a lot.

I really dislike not being prepared and try my hardest not too. 

munsterlander

I've always thought of it in thirds.  1/3 looking forward to the trip, 1/3 the trip itself, 1/3 remembering it/telling it.

molliesmaster

The planning stage makes me anxious and if I get too heavy into it I will lose sleep.   My favorite part has to be hitting the road, usually its before the sun has come up, maybe a buddy is riding with you, good cup of coffee.   That's exciting to me.      I'm usually less excited about the ride back though. 

Big game I like the planning phase.  Birds I just kind of pick a state and wander.  There are multiple times we are driving after dark trying to find a hotel in the area. 

1 hour ago, molliesmaster said:

The planning stage makes me anxious and if I get too heavy into it I will lose sleep.   My favorite part has to be hitting the road, usually its before the sun has come up, maybe a buddy is riding with you, good cup of coffee.   That's exciting to me.      I'm usually less excited about the ride back though. 

Agreed on the trip there, except with Waterfowl hunting. I'm an anxious sob until I get the decoys out in time and my behind hidden .. 

1 hour ago, Clueless1 said:

Big game I like the planning phase.  Birds I just kind of pick a state and wander.  There are multiple times we are driving after dark trying to find a hotel in the area. 

That would stress me to the max!! 

I'm great with the planning, implementation and execution.

But for some reason, the actual packing process always has me in a near anxiety attack knowing i'm forgetting something important (like a dog!).

12 minutes ago, Zkight89 said:

That would stress me to the max!! 

What's the worst that's going to happen?  One time we were sitting in a bar eating and trying to figure out where we were going to stay.  Waitress says "Stay here"  Had an apartment above the bar.  Stayed two nights. 

Of course there have been a couple times we had to drive 2 hrs to get something too.  All an adventure.  😁

3 minutes ago, Clueless1 said:

What's the worst that's going to happen?  One time we were sitting in a bar eating and trying to figure out where we were going to stay.  Waitress says "Stay here"  Had an apartment above the bar.  Stayed two nights. 

Of course there have been a couple times we had to drive 2 hrs to get something too.  All an adventure.  😁

Trust me, my mind would cover every single " what's the worst that could happen..." 

Ha!  Staying in the truck beside a fantastic cover to hit in the morning?  Hasn't happened yet but that is a worst case scenario in my mind.  Whatcha got?

I'm generally prepared to camp or sleep in the truck, if it comes to it.

I have always like the planning--whatever the activity is/was.

I have lists of what to pack/bring.

54 minutes ago, Clueless1 said:

Ha!  Staying in the truck beside a fantastic cover to hit in the morning?  Hasn't happened yet but that is a worst case scenario in my mind.  Whatcha got?

Sleeping in the back of the truck under a recycled trampoline net during Florida bow season and being devoured by skeeters because each of you and your buddies thought the other was bringing a tent...

13 minutes ago, Zkight89 said:

Sleeping in the back of the truck under a recycled trampoline net during Florida bow season and being devoured by skeeters because each of you and your buddies thought the other was bringing a tent...

I'm now a planner😆