Having fun getting a new cooking pavilion to come together....

Hoping to get this new pavilion wrapped up before the end of October but it has been fun to try to learn from others that have taken on projects like this. Hopefully they'll start the roof tomorrow as we all know the last portions of any project can slow to a snails's pace.  I have two events coming up that are already planning on using this. 😬

On the back of it is a storage area for a Ranger, tools, and fishing stuff. There will also be a bathroom with the door on the left. 

It should be a great spot to watch ball games, chill after an afternoon following dogs, as well as the important things like Thanksgiving and grandkid's birthdays.

If you have any ideas for it, speak up fast!

IMG_3860(1).jpg

We'll have some low-voltage lighting aimed up the scissor trusses that should look cool at night. 

IMG_4007(1).jpg

IMG_4064(1).jpg

These are the bar and cooking sections. The cooking area will have a spot for a sink, grills and such while the bar will have a 'fridge, beer cooler, and another sink. 

IMG_4079(1).jpg

Then just finished the stone installation today.

IMG_4134(1).jpg

I saved some cedar trees that were cut during some timbering earlier this year and had them cut into planks. You just about can't imagine how good it smells right now! 

IMG_4135(1).jpg

More work to come!

MoSpaniels

WOW, what a satisfying project.

Keep up the good work and keep the pics coming.

I can imagine the family gatherings that could happen there.

Very nice! Looking forward to seeing the finished project 

Rogue Hunter

Are you going with a wood fireplace or you copping out and using gas? Oh, and that's a fine idea for an outside space.

Curious if your going to install multiple cooking devices? Gas grill? Griddle? Smoker/Ceramic Cooker. Conventional kitchen appliances?

On 9/29/2021 at 9:19 AM, Rogue Hunter said:

Are you going with a wood fireplace or you copping out and using gas? Oh, and that's a fine idea for an outside space.

Definitely wood burning!  Pretty rare to find custom built real fireplaces these days so we went with the largest insert they had.   I am having a gas fire starter put in, so people won't have to "admire" my Daniel Boone skills.....   ;)

1 hour ago, GuyO said:

Curious if your going to install multiple cooking devices? Gas grill? Griddle? Smoker/Ceramic Cooker. Conventional kitchen appliances?

Yes, it will have a spot for my Big Green Egg, a larger gas grill with a searing section, a gas stove top, and a sink on the cooking section.  Should accommodate my limited cooking skills pretty well.....  I went by this morning and they have now placed that section in its final spot along with the bar.  They're working on the hearth and the metal roof today.   

The job supervisor has claimed his spot for the first beer...... :)

13107C66-DF43-4C34-AAEA-6456AA3E5DAB.jpeg

Huntschool

Nice stuff....  Cant wait to see it finished and operational.

19 minutes ago, dogrunner said:

How bout a pizza 🍕 oven. 

His Big Green Egg works just fine cooking pizzas!