Having fun getting a new cooking pavilion to come together....

Very nice! Anxious to see the finished product and photos of use!

Not much smells better than cedar, IMO! Worked one summer in my college years pulling veneer in a plywood mill. They ran a special batch of cedar for some office paneling…fresh peeled cedar smelled amazing! I can imagine your cedar walls likewise, smell awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

Making progress. Decided to move a fire pit that I have nearby to a patio that will be off of the pavilion and overlooks the pond.  And how about this mantel? Here's the guy that made it for me. We used some of the leftover timbers from the trusses (attached 2).

Starting the wood columns around the steel support beams today, and I guess to no surprise, learned yesterday that the grill/beer cooler/cooktop stuff, which was ordered in June, is stuck out in the ocean or something. They're now saying a December ETA....

Hopefully the acid stain on the concrete will get done next week. 

IMG_4273.jpeg

Heat resistant bricks will be in the circle with concrete poured around that. 

IMG_4236.jpeg

Jazz4Brazo

Wow...looking awesome!!

Sorry to hear about your kitchen delivery but I read somewhere there are close to 100 freighters stacked up outside a west coast port (LA?) awaiting unloading due to lack of resources (manpower, trucks, railcars, etc.)...so much a problem that Big Box stores have leased their own freighters to transit in goods from China to alternate ports.

Looking forward to final  build pics!!

J4B 

Where's the swimming pool and hot tub?  A building that nice needs them.

Looks Great. 👍

Got tickets to the QF field day. 
Looking forward to it. 

mister grouse

An enclosed and critter proof food prep room with refrigeration and sinks and dishwashing equipment and dish /pots/pans storage would be mighty handy and  nice compliments to your project.  Not a criticism, just a suggestion.

Edited by mister grouse
2 hours ago, mister grouse said:

An enclosed and critter proof food prep room with refrigeration and sinks and dishwashing equipment and dish /pots/pans storage would be mighty handy and  nice compliments to your project.  Not a criticism, just a suggestion.

Well, there's a small farm house right by it, so there are indoor options as needed. There will also be two sinks, a refrigerator, and cabinets under the pavilion.  We'll mostly be using this during the cooler months, so most things outdoors should be OK. Good ideas though!

By the way, I'm the dishwasher....😉

12 hours ago, Willieb said:

Looks Great. 👍

Got tickets to the QF field day. 
Looking forward to it. 

Great! You'll be seeing this first hand--hope it will be completed by then..... 😬

4 hours ago, erik meade said:

Looks fantastic!

you can have thanksgiving outside where you are?

Spring is in south Georgia (USA).  Thanksgiving is potentially one of the nicest days to be outside.  Low humidity and moderate temps are rare down that way!

16 hours ago, Cooter Brown said:

Spring is in south Georgia (USA).  Thanksgiving is potentially one of the nicest days to be outside.  Low humidity and moderate temps are rare down that way!

Probably have Xmas dinner outside too down there in most years!

Thanksgiving in North Central FL. Spring is a bit North but it’s a great time of year to be outside in the south.
A823EE94-D152-4E3A-ABA9-C8490A9C9F2D.thumb.jpeg.4c983b81578ab0e50a8a7d5aef6995f9.jpeg

Yes, Thanksgiving is a simply wonderful time of year in our part of the world. The weather is usually cool and pleasant, but if you enjoy hunting and the outdoors, it's loaded with adventure. Deer are in rut, quail season is open, duck and dove seasons open back up for that week, and college football season is in full bloom. As a Georgia grad, the latter is even more special at the moment (made it home from Athens again last night around midnight). 

As most of us often feel, if not say, "My health is better in November. "  

We'll have around 20 at last count for our annual Thanksgiving opportunity to hold hands and say "thank you" for life's many blessings.