Montana lodging

tomturkey2x2

People that bird hunt in  north east Montana where do You spend the night?  Would like motel recommendations?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Don Steese

• WyomingArt

• tut

• Westok

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My motel.

It might have softened some but the oil field activity makes housing, motel rooms, cabins, etc in very tight supply. If you don't bring your lodging with you, don't expect to find anything to rent. Ro

This seems like stealth hot spotting! 🤫

Posted Images

I saw a TON of Montana truck bed boondockers on Instagram.  Im sure its not for everyone.   

WyomingArt

Don't think they have motels there yet. They just got paved roads and electricity.   Gotta go to North Dakota for motels.

2 hours ago, tomturkey2x2 said:

People that bird hunt in  north east Montana where do You spend the night?  Would like motel recommendations?

I have always like staying in Ritz-Carltons or Hilton Resorts. 

Please use PM for specific locations of lodging, thanks.

UplandHntr
1 hour ago, troutbum said:

Back of the truck with the dogs

did that w my 2 Goldens for about 5 years. Looking back, I wouldnt change a thing!  VERY fond memories

tomturkey2x2

I have never been to montana, but would like to in the next fall. I have looked at the small towns, if they have motels they do not list them on line. I am not trying to stealth hot spot ! Just trying to find somewhere to spend the night! I am not sleeping in the back of a truck, I like a hot shower at night! We do not have  a R V, that is not in the cards.

WyomingArt

OK, I'll stop being  a smartazz.

You  might start with  the MT Fish, Wildlife,Parks website for hunt access at  https://fwp.mt.gov/hunt/access  then look for nearby towns.

Google " Motels and town name " that looks interesting.   I just did and several motels showed up. 

"Big towns" in  NE Montana are 3000-3500 population, usually less so few motels are available,  and those fill fast during hunting seasons. 

Can't help with specific motels as we used tents,  then a pickup camper,  later a smallish travel trailer. 

Lots of times rooms are booked at least a year ahead for hunting locations so start early in your quest.

From what I've found here in MT, if it doesn't show up on Google, they probably don't have lodging.  If it does show up, it still may be questionable.  :)