anyone seen my keys?

I got back from the last hunting  round before going back to the RV park 77 miles away (39 to the nearest pavement). I felt pretty damn good about my trip, I had found some birds, watched an awesome and dangerous fire from a safe distance, I got the dog work I expected out of each dog, seen some spectacular sights and everyone had made it thorough without a serious incident.

Damn my truck won''t start, Susan where are the keys? Long story short I think I put my keys in my pocket I guess instead of leaving them in the truck and when I pulled out my phone to record Levi retrieving a rooster..... 

39 miles to pavement , one bar on my phone, Ford Pass wasn't any help. Finally got a text to go through to my daughter in Arkansas. Four anxious hours later dude shows up and brings me, eight dogs and a very agitated wife back to the RV park. The Airstream was quite welcome. 

Anybody have any ideas on getting a key fob for an F150? Plus a snow event is headed this way, sheeesh.

IMG_6465.thumb.JPG.e2d8aac276dbd1c740b7bb7667af328f.JPG

IMG_6466.thumb.JPG.2e98c64f92fdf661eae90f8cf4d8fce2.JPGIMG_6460.thumb.JPG.26e5607ef686a78ca7aace1de6db433a.JPG

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• juneboy1

• Kansas Big Dog

• quailguy

• Quig

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got back from the last hunting  round before going back to the RV park 77 miles away (39 to the nearest pavement). I felt pretty damn good about my trip, I had found some birds, watched an awesome a

I Like the narrative, yet dislike the subject matter.😬   My wife has a loaner vehicle right now. It has a Fob, no key whatsoever and no key entry. Its weird as chit. I still miss those turni

Glad you got that text through, it’s a wonder the driver could find you. No help on a key fob. On the other hand maybe you can write a song about this?

Posted Images

Glad you got that text through, it’s a wonder the driver could find you. No help on a key fob. On the other hand maybe you can write a song about this?

UplandHntr

Ace Hardware stores do key fobs. I dont know the details though

6 hours ago, juneboy1 said:

I got back from the last hunting  round before going back to the RV park 77 miles away (39 to the nearest pavement). I felt pretty damn good about may trip, I had found some birds, watched an awesome and dangerous fire from a safe distance, I got the dog work I expected out of each dog, seen some spectacular sights and everyone had made it thorough without a serious incident.

Damn my truck won''t start, Susan where are the keys? Long story short I think I put my keys in my pocket I guess instead of leaving them in the truck and when I pulled out my phone to record Levi retrieving a rooster..... 

39 miles to pavement , one bar on my phone, Ford Pass was't any help. Finally got a text to go through to my daughter in Arkansas. Four anxious hours later dude shows up and brings me, eight dogs and a very agitated wife back to the RV park. The Airstream was quite welcome. 

Anybody have any ideas on getting a key fob for an F150? Plus a snow event is headed this way, sheeesh.

IMG_6465.thumb.JPG.e2d8aac276dbd1c740b7bb7667af328f.JPG

IMG_6466.thumb.JPG.2e98c64f92fdf661eae90f8cf4d8fce2.JPGIMG_6460.thumb.JPG.26e5607ef686a78ca7aace1de6db433a.JPG

I got nothing for you on finding the current lost keys. In future however, you might try this:  tile finder

Like most boykins. That says it all.    They are very smart and know when they see stupid things done.   Hope you can some kind of fob out there.    Good luck. 

ccavacini

The key fob is probably in the fridge...next to my wallet.

That’s really sucks!! I do lose crap off and on, but that is one of my OCD things when doing outdoor activities- my vest has a latch to connect to a key ring then I tuck that sucker in deep in the pocket. Good luck finding them.  I would head back out to the happy hunting grounds and try and find them. 

I would imagine if it’s a smart key you will need the vin and a dealer to program a replacement 

I always put my spare fob somewhere inside my truck. Wrap it in tinfoil and it won’t work until you take it back out. Then just hide a door key someplace on the outside of the truck.

30 minutes ago, Quig said:

I would imagine if it’s a smart key you will need the vin and a dealer to program a replacement 

This is what I was thinking, dont think ace can do it

WindyHills

Can't speak for fords but assume it's the same as several other brands we have.  You can find fobs from internet sources--https://carkeysexpress.com/store, https://www.keylessentryremotefob.com/takes a bit to ship them to you.  Or you can find them at dealers, and they might have to order them in if none on hand.  Then they have to be programmed.  Generally a dealer only proposition.  Still pays to order online and have the dealer program.  Difference can be a hundred bucks or more.  Yes, hundreds of bucks for a key. 

My Ram has a neat little door key that slides out of the fob you can take with you.  Gets you in the door.  But if the fob isn't handy to grab and hit the panic button, it also sets off the alarm as soon as you open the door, and it won't start the truck.  

WI Outdoor Nut
3 hours ago, quailguy said:

I got nothing for you on finding the current lost keys. In future however, you might try this:  tile finder

Quail guy has it right.  My F150 has the key pad on the door.  Almost always, my keys are in the truck somewhere.  My other two vehicles have the tile and have come in handy many times.  

A friend of mine who showed me the tile, lost her keys while hunting the prairie.  Between the tile and her phone, found the keys in a few minutes.  Which without the tile, can promise they never would have been found.  

Re: the Tile gizmo.

Our buddy misplaces his keys all the damned time. We got him a couple of Tiles for XMas a few years ago …