anyone seen my keys?

Brad Eden

I Like the narrative, yet dislike the subject matter.ūüė¨

My wife has a loaner vehicle right now. It has a Fob, no key whatsoever and no key entry. Its weird as chit. I still miss those turning hubs in 4x4 trucks…my ludditosity…gets worse and worse…

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• juneboy1

• Kansas Big Dog

• quailguy

• Quig

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got back from the last hunting  round before going back to the RV park 77 miles away (39 to the nearest pavement). I felt pretty damn good about my trip, I had found some birds, watched an awesome a

I Like the narrative, yet dislike the subject matter.ūüė¨ ¬† My wife has a loaner vehicle right now. It has a Fob, no key whatsoever and no key entry. Its weird as chit. I still miss those turni

Glad you got that text through, it’s a wonder the driver could find you. No help on a key fob. On the other hand maybe you can write a song about this?

Posted Images

My keys never leave with me.  They get hidden under a nearby rock or inside a bumper. I made the mistake of leaving my keys in my pack (which I left by a dead elk) while I hiked 4 miles over a mountain to go get the truck and bring it around to a much closer spot for the pack out.  

My truck will start without a fob. You can get in it and start with just a key. I keep a key in my vest that’s attached to a catch inside a pocket. Never needed it yet but you never know.  When hunting with another person I have a second set of truck keys I give them just in case.  I’ve been locked out but it’s been many moons ago now. Hopefully never again 

7 hours ago, quailguy said:

I got nothing for you on finding the current lost keys. In future however, you might try this:  tile finder

Man I have Tile and that damn thing failed also!!!

3 hours ago, DDFire99 said:

My keys never leave with me.  They get hidden under a nearby rock or inside a bumper. I made the mistake of leaving my keys in my pack (which I left by a dead elk) while I hiked 4 miles over a mountain to go get the truck and bring it around to a much closer spot for the pack out.  

I always, except once, either put them somewhere on the truck or very near. With the confusion of swapping out dogs, collars, water, etc I slipped up once. Sounds like a damn Bobby Rush blues song to me!

3 hours ago, Skybuster said:

Yup, keys and hearing aids often misplaced.

Huh?

RuffChaser

I locked mine in my truck a few weeks ago. It really sucks. Sorry.

I hid a door key for my Ram 2500 under one of the license plate screws.  I have 2 keys with fobs.  One of them stays in the center console and the other in my pocket or my day pack.  I came up with this after going out to warm the truck up on a trip out west.  As I walked away from the truck I heard the door lock.  I had to call a body shop and they sent a guy out to open the door.  He had it open in about 5 minutes, cost me $40.  I said never again.

Kansas Big Dog

If the FOB is part of the key, I think you have to go to Ford.

Greg Hartman

UGH!  I have Nancy carry a full set of keys to the truck and the MH.  She never loses anything.  You might want to try that with Susan.

As Willie says "On the Road again" or as a Reckless Kelly would say "Ragged as the Road I'm On"

Bob Blair

Bought a new car a couple of weeks ago. It only comes with one key fob and a promise to ship another to you once the chip shortage abates. I couldn't believe that for the price of that bad boy we only got one key! Hope the chip shortage doesn't affect your ability to replace yours.

WyomingArt

re : no key 

It's a bet many of us "mature"  guys started cars and trucks with a jumper wire across the solenoid and another one to the coil.  Life was easier in the slow lane, maybe not better, just easier.   No fob, no key, though no electric wipers, power steering,  and tires that wore out faster.