anyone seen my keys?

Last year in Kansas me and my wife suddenly realized our fob wasn’t in the truck. Luckily we backtracked to a spot she had gotten out and walked out into the field. ( she goes mainly to photograph old barns houses etc). It was probably 15 miles back she walked out into the stalks and found the fob. The truck was running but if we stopped or killed it we were done. Sorry to hear about your experience I remember the sick feeling we had. 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• juneboy1

• Kansas Big Dog

• quailguy

• Quig

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got back from the last hunting  round before going back to the RV park 77 miles away (39 to the nearest pavement). I felt pretty damn good about my trip, I had found some birds, watched an awesome a

I Like the narrative, yet dislike the subject matter.😬   My wife has a loaner vehicle right now. It has a Fob, no key whatsoever and no key entry. Its weird as chit. I still miss those turni

Glad you got that text through, it’s a wonder the driver could find you. No help on a key fob. On the other hand maybe you can write a song about this?

Posted Images

On 10/11/2021 at 8:20 PM, Kansas Big Dog said:

If the FOB is part of the key, I think you have to go to Ford.

Couple months ago I went to the local Ford dealer and asked how much for a new key fob. I believe the cost was $195. I said forget it. My wife has a separate fob and I’ll use that.  

Kansas Big Dog
31 minutes ago, quailguy said:

Couple months ago I went to the local Ford dealer and asked how much for a new key fob. I believe the cost was $195. I said forget it. My wife has a separate fob and I’ll use that.  

Oh yeah. There's a chip in the FOB that has to be coded only by Ford from what I understand. 

5 minutes ago, Kansas Big Dog said:

Oh yeah. There's a chip in the FOB that has to be coded only by Ford from what I understand. 

Let me tell you all about it..... And the wrecker dude that jacked up my brakes. One more of life experiences as a traveling bird hunter that has one million things to do all at one time.

Kansas Big Dog
5 minutes ago, juneboy1 said:

Let me tell you all about it..... And the wrecker dude that jacked up my brakes. One more of life experiences as a traveling bird hunter that has one million things to do all at one time.

A couple years back I worked for a while at a local Farm and Home. I made keys. I could make copies of the keys that had the chip. They would unlock the door, but the chip is needed to start the motor. Some folks would get a copy made and put it some where on the exterior, that way, if you locked your FOB key in the ignition, you could unlock the door with the non-FOB key.

dogrunner

The new Ford has a Fob but no key to go in the ignition, just a button to push. 

8 minutes ago, dogrunner said:

The new Ford has a Fob but no key to go in the ignition, just a button to push. 

Well then, I guess new Ford owners would be SOL if they lost their one fob, or the battery thereof died, in West Dry Gulch, Montana, 150 miles from a Ford dealer.  Everyone doesn’t live in Dearborn, Blue Oval.  Hello!

On 10/16/2021 at 7:38 PM, quailguy said:

Well then, I guess new Ford owners would be SOL if they lost their one fob, or the battery thereof died, in West Dry Gulch, Montana, 150 miles from a Ford dealer.  Everyone doesn’t live in Dearborn, Blue Oval.  Hello!

Duh

Sheldrake

Sort of related..........Just got back from our annual New England trip. Been doing it for years without locking my guns up while traveling, but got a little paranoid (traveling through 7 Northeastern states) about it on this trip and locked them in an aluminum travel case. Put the key in my truck console. Everything good 'til we got home last night and could not find the gun case key. No, I don't have a spare (stupid). Guns got home safely, I just can't use them for a while.

Last thing I do at the truck is lock my door and put the keys in my right pocket. I'm left handed so left one is where I carry most things. Then I have a spare fob-less in my emergency kit in my vest AND I sewed another fob-less into the zippered pouch. Over kill but it works.