Does anyone have recent experience with lemon cars/warranty issues/reimbursement/replacement???

Update: Got a text midweek from the service writer the dealer that my truck should be done by the end of the week. Friday rolls around and I got another message that it will be Monday. 

Monday will be 48 days in the shop. For a vehicle that was 7 months old when dropped off. Fully under warranty. That literally leaks in the rain. I hope that it is fixed but have zero confidence it is resolved in a way that will hold up. 

Honda has been beyond useless to deal with. I now wait for up to 90 days to hear from them regarding a settlement. Meanwhile, I cannot afford to replace the truck with a comparably equipped mid-sized truck from any of the manufacturers in this market. I a NOT a litigious guy and at the outset merely wanted the truck to be repaired in a lasting way, but now want to be made whole financially as I have zero desire to own this vechile outside of the very short Honda warranty period, I can't imagine what a month and a half in the shop would have cost me out of pocket. 

Update: After FORTY EIGHT straight days in the shop, the Honda Ridgeline is back to me. Nobody at the dealer used the word 'repaired' or 'fixed' merely that it was 'back' from the body shop they use. It was a rainy day today, and the padding under the carpet appears dry.....so far. Two Nor'easters could hit this week, so the rain will put it the repairs to the test. It is clear by examining the screws that every panel of the modular bed was removed at some point. The carpet under the rear seats was replaced as part of the first repair attempt. When it was supposedly fixed the first time the padding under the carpet was soaked and the carpet torn. The carpet is still torn, but now sewn up. I have demanded a replacement to reduce the likelihood of mold taking over later. There are no carpets to be found nationwide, so this will require another trip back to the dealer to complete the repair. They were happy to bill me nearly $400 for the routine maintenance I had done while it was in for the warranty work, an  oil change, tire rotation, front and rear diff fluids and state inspection. I would normally never pay dealer rates for this type of work, but needed the warranty repair for the leak done at a dealer and needed the dealer provided loaner, and I simply don't have the time to be dealing with multiple appointments. 

If it didn't come correct from the factory, it will never be fixed appropriately at a repair shop.

Man that has to be beyond frustrating. Paying premium for a vehicle that is supposed be very reliable would have me beyond pissed as well.  I’d consider making some signs and picket the front of the dealer. 

Have you asked what they will give you for it?   I keep hearing of dealers offering more for some cars than what the owners paid for them. 

On 10/13/2021 at 8:38 PM, bigjohnsd said:

Drive to another state and trade your Ridge line on what's tickling your fancy now.  

The trade value has increased as much as the retail value of what you want to replace it with.  

Good luck.

This is exactly what I would do. Park it under cover until it totally dries out then drive it to another dealership and get top dollar for your trade. Probably lose as much money as hiring a lawyer, maybe less, but also less headache. I had my mechanic offer me almost 2x what I paid for my old crappy Yukon hunting rig... but what comparable vehicle can I even buy with $6k?!

PaFlyfisher

How can I be angry at Honda for selling a vehicle with a known problem, only to myself sell a vehicle with a known problem? Ethically, I’ve got to get it fixed in order to sell it. 

Tim Frazier
3 hours ago, PaFlyfisher said:

How can I be angry at Honda for selling a vehicle with a known problem, only to myself sell a vehicle with a known problem? Ethically, I’ve got to get it fixed in order to sell it. 

Selling it back to the company put the onus on them.  Or you can be chivalrous and keep driving a damp car.