Big Sky mixed bag

Tom Avent
On 10/12/2021 at 3:32 PM, Don Steese said:

There's also Huns, which this year seem to be more plentiful than I've seen here before. It is fun. When your dog points it can be four things, three of which are legal targets! 

Just got back. Yes, the Hun numbers seemed way higher than other years. The Sharptails seemed lower, but who cares. I was still able to shoot a couple over points by my young EP. THAT makes the trip! 

Don Steese
1 hour ago, jeff88 said:

What's all this talk in other posts about not being able to hit anything?

The pictured birds were all signatories to a mass suicide pact. 

Don Steese
Just now, Danibeth said:

That's awesome Don.  WISH I WERE OUT THERE!!!!!!

Don't blame you. Hard to get enough of this place and the birds are just a bonus!

Just now, Don Steese said:

Don't blame you. Hard to get enough of this place and the birds are just a bonus!

Amen to that Don.  

Don Steese

Weather's been horrible the last couple days. Missed two days in a row and may miss today also. Cold drizzle and lots of wind today. Might be a good day to make the 75 mile run to Wally World and Tractor Supply.

On 10/12/2021 at 5:20 PM, Dave Quindt said:

Hard to believe those garden hose snakes are out this late in the year; must be global warming.  Good thing there's one less out in the wild; thanks for thinning the herd!

That garden hose is a reminder of prior hunts I have had with Massa Don, who used it to whip me if I served the same two dinners on consecutive days. xD. Gawd I miss those trips!