Goodbye Clyde 07/18/07 - 10/12/21

Great Tribute.  Beautiful dog.  I have my own 'Clyde' at home and he is getting a bit long in the tooth himself.  They never last long enough for my liking, but I keep getting back on the roller coaster and hope I always will.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Allen McCallie

• ESetterSage

• KCrowley

• Hub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m copying and pasting this note i wrote to my social media friends on the 12th. I’m just too mentally and physically tired to write much else. We said goodbye to our sweet setter on Tuesday. On July

A wonderful tribute to a wonderful friend.  Very hard.  If it's any help, know that he had a good, long life, being loved and getting to do what he oved best.  At the end of the day, that's all any of

Such a great tribute to what was obviously a fine dog.   For all the reasons you described, setters have been my choice as well. Today I have a 10 month old puppy. But I also have an old retire

Posted Images

Nice tribute, sorry about loosing your buddy, its never easy. 

Rafterboy

They just don't live long enough for the love they give to you.

Hunt up Clyde. 

Fire Marshal Bill

A nice heart warming tribute to a great companion. Condolences 

canvasback

Such a great tribute to what was obviously a fine dog.

For all the reasons you described, setters have been my choice as well. Today I have a 10 month old puppy. But I also have an old retired girl. 13 1/2. Deaf, with slow growing cancer. Obstinate. Bossy in her old age. I wouldnt have her be any different. She’s from just south of Minneapolis but has been all over with me. My job is to keep her as happy and as comfortable for as long as I can. So far, so good. Every few weeks there is a glint in her eye and a burst of enthusiasm for life that I tell myself means she’s far from done. I’ll be where you are soon. The only comfort I can offer is to encourage you to remind yourself of the great life you helped Clyde have. 

I'm sorry for your loss.

Take comfort that Clyde knew he was loved. He caught a break that day years ago. He got a great owner, you got a great dog. You won't forget him.

Bert in W N.C.

Those were beautiful words for a dear friend. I am sorry for families loss. That boy strikes a handsome and noble pose.

Wes Stueber

Great memorial to a fine bird dog and companion.  Clyde had a good life and you can be sure, he appreciated it!  

Brittman

Snowgoose75

What a great dog you were lucky to have found each other.You gave him a great life and he you.It’s always so very hard when they pass they take a piece of your heart with them.Cherish your memories of him.Godspeed Clyde

PartridgeCartridge

Very nice. There's alot of hurt in UJ right now. It sucks but it comes with the territory. 

14 minutes ago, PartridgeCartridge said:

Very nice. There's alot of hurt in UJ right now. It sucks but it comes with the territory. 

That bout' sums it up. 

Very sorry for you loss. Sounds like you folks were able to give Clyde an awesome life !

WyomingArt

Good tribute, you really got a winner on your first setter. Also good to read that he went 14 years. Hard to loose such a special pup. But you gave him a good start and great life. Thanks for the photo posting too. He was special.