Merrill Wi - I lost my Leatherman

erik meade

If anyone happens to be hunting in the Merrill Wisconsin area this weekend hit me up an I can tell you where you can find a sweet Leatherman that I left behind.  

I’d give a reward for its return, or At least I would feel better knowing a fellow UJ member is enjoying it.

It pulled out 62 porcupine quills from Kimber’s snout on Thursday. So it works. 
883-CF0-EE-3-E96-44-B1-96-B8-F56-F99-F15

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• erik meade

• RookieEP

• Cooter Brown

• mccuha

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dave is my new hero everybody!!!   he found it. 

Wait you lost a pocketknife a couple Years back as well I remember.  Now your leatherman is gone.  I don’t think you deserve nice things, if you can’t take care of your stuff.  Also this lost multi to

Can you have a 28 ga over there?   My wife got me some really nice $$ binoculars for my 50th birthday.     it is really going to hurt when I lose those.

Pudgy gopher

I just lost my leatherman out in ND. I feel your pain. I had it for 13 years. 

1 hour ago, erik meade said:

If anyone happens to be hunting in the Merrill Wisconsin area this weekend hit me up an I can tell you where you can find a sweet Leatherman that I left behind.  

I’d give a reward for its return, or At least I would feel better knowing a fellow UJ member is enjoying it.

It pulled out 62 porcupine quills from Kimber’s snout on Thursday. So it works. 
883-CF0-EE-3-E96-44-B1-96-B8-F56-F99-F15

You find any grouse where you lost it.  Might be worth going to pick it up 

Wait you lost a pocketknife a couple Years back as well I remember.  Now your leatherman is gone.  I don’t think you deserve nice things, if you can’t take care of your stuff.  Also this lost multi tool does not make sense as I can  clearly see this leatherman has a carabiner attachment.  These carabiners make a nice click once attached so how possibly could you lose such a nice American made piece of equipment.  Best send me your 28g 870 as I’m afraid this will soon be hard to find.  

erik meade

Can you have a 28 ga over there?

My wife got me some really nice $$ binoculars for my 50th birthday.  

it is really going to hurt when I lose those.

Two years ago in Maine I found a Leatherman  Must have been there a while , it was a little rusted but cleaned up nice . Attached was a small vial with Nitro . Always wondered if the dude made it out of the woods . I dumped the Nitro , shoulda kept it .

erik meade
1 hour ago, mccuha said:

You find any grouse where you lost it.  Might be worth going to pick it up 

553 miles away.  

1 hour ago, erik meade said:

553 miles away.  

He is going back there guaranteed Miata and all

A few years back my hunting buddy lost his Garmin Astro receiver in the NEK of Vermont. While we were searching for it, I got the idea to call his dog in, take the GPS collar off and make it stationary. Then the receiver will beep point. That is when he told me the battery had gotten low. We never found it.

But I can beat that. I lost a rifle in the wilds of northern Quebec. On the last day of a caribou hunt I went out on foot solo several miles from camp. I had a pack and an ultra-light rifle on a sling over my shoulder. When I got to the spot I was going to glass for caribou, no rifle on my shoulder.  I remembered one spot where I had stopped and took off the pack and gun to take a photo of some blue berries. I thought maybe I forgot to pick up the gun. Using my GPS I went back to that spot and verified it by the photo in the camera-no gun. Then it occurred to me it must have slipped off my shoulder going through an alder thicket, near where I noticed it was gone.I searched that area for a while, flagged it, and then had to go back to camp before dark. The next day we were flying out. I told a guide, who was staying in camp, exactly where it should be and offered a reward.  The guy that made the gun told me, you can be fairly sure if the guide found it, he kept it.

Brad Eden

I’m not surprised that you counted out the 62 quills. Losing a Leatherman is like losing a part of your body. Ive had mine in a sheath on my belt everyday for so long, that if I forget to put it on my belt I list to one side and walk in circles.

PS. Keep an eye out for any migrating quills you may have missed or were hidden under the skin. I pulled out 3 a week or so after Cash got quilled. They showed up under the skin 6” from the main spot on his chest. Vet showed me how to pop them through skin without hurting the dog too much and pull out. 

Dave Moritzen

Hmmm, if you lost it in Merrill, then you probably lost it in New Wood. I was up there yesterday and didn't see it. Tell me the road and where you parked and I'll look. I'm only 25 min. away. However, this is the weekend and the roadhunters will be out in mass, so don't hold your breath.

Tim Frazier
7 hours ago, erik meade said:

553 miles away.  

You left already?   You were just getting warmed up!

airmedic1

I lost my Astro 430 doing a Wounded Warrior hunt in Wray CO last year.  It was dark when we got back to the truck and I unclipped it from my vest to turn it off.  I either set it on the hood of my truck or on the dog box when I was loading the dogs. When I got back to the motel, no Astro. It was a $450 mistake.