REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
john mcg

Contrast

rprovines

Expect mistakes, continue to look for solutions and don't be afraid to discuss problems. An open forum is why we fight for democracy.

Uh, uh, uh, can't do that here. BRAD! HERE'S ONEA THEM &*$%*@ POLITICAL POSTS WE BEEN TALKIN' 'BOUT!

SydneyWI

This is one of those statements that just call for a    or two  

Good Sir,

To suggest that the works of Provines needs emoticons would be like suggesting Venus de Milo needs arms...........

Roost em 1st
Everything in nature adapts. Birds and windmills will be no different, just takes time. Those who adapt will breed and beget more of the same. Just look at how well urbanites have done.

Almost Heaven GSP's

This is one of those statements that just call for a    or two  

Good Sir,

To suggest that the works of Provines needs emoticons would be like suggesting Venus de Milo needs arms...........

HAH!

What would the Venus de Milo do WITH arms?!

mshowman
:p

Remember, you heard it here first!

rprovines
Moment of weakness. Forgive me. Or not. I could give a #*$& less.

Briarscratch
Everything in nature adapts. Birds and windmills will be no different, just takes time. Those who adapt will breed and beget more of the same. Just look at how well urbanites have done.

Breedin' and begettin'?  Great, now Wyatt's gone to Bible thumpin'.  

I bred and begat, now I'm adapting to less breedin' and begattin'....not unlike DonQuijote trying to tilt whose windmills only with less bird.

rprovines
Scratch, put that bird in the freezer and it'll stiffen up for ya. Make your tiltin' a lot easier.

2shot
The effects on birds and bats are definetly a problem but I'd be more concerned about the infrasonics (sound waves below around 50Hz). Wind turbines are notorious for producing infrasonics and at a high enough level these can have an adverse affect on some people's health. I think wind turbines are a good thing but I would not live anywhere near one.

Almost Heaven GSP's

This:

11127762.jpg

vs this:

4928200.jpg

Alan Briere

Geeze John,

You were right in my backyard. You should have come up and helped me stack wood. They're just starting to fire those windmills up now.

Alan

Almost Heaven GSP's
This:

Almost Heaven GSP's

vs. this:

Note the small dots all over the ridge.

mschaefer
In the last couple of years we've had hundreds of windmills go up within 20 miles of us in North Central Iowa.  When you drive at night, all you see are flashing red lights.  That must be why our pheasant numbers are down.  I haven't heard anything about potential health effects.  I hope maybe they lower sperm count as my lovely wife started talking about having #3 the other night.