REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
erik meade

U.J. A respite from politics

StormsGSP
I vote how the NRA tells me to.

SydneyWI

I vote how the NRA tells me to.

I have always wondered about my neighbor, I noticed a NRA AND a "Union Yes" bumper sticker on his toyota in the Wal Mart parking lot.

SydneyWI
Hmmm, two grouse with the whole damn state to themselves, what the hell sort of change are they voting for?

WindyHills
The #$*%&^@~!

erik meade

If only one or two things were left up,  and even if they were all in favor of just one side...  U.J. would still be quite a respite.

Seriously,  getting worked up over a post or two, when the rest of the innertubes are jammed full, seems a little silly.

Occasional political post aside, I still thank the U.J. crowd (and moderators) for keeping the place largely politic free.

Briarscratch
Windy, despite his reputation as a firm handed moderator, I know Brad doesn't read every post.  I'm sure some stuff falls through the cracks.

Brad Eden

It's not been just a single post, and the trend has been consistent when they pop up and are left on the board rather than removed.

Thats simply not true. I do the best I can and try to be consistent and fair. I CANT SPEND 24/7/365 MODERATING THE BOARD AND I CANT DELETE EVERY REFERENCE TO ANYTHING POLITICAL. I cant read every Topic and every Reply. I got your message about a political post and I chose to let it ride since it wasn't creating a huge stir (Sometimes thats the best way to moderate-its a gut thing) AND I AM BUSY RUNNING MY REAL LIFE BETWEEN WORK AND HUNTING SEASON.

And I do 99.9% of all moderating-take that to the bank. If you want to contact me via PM or e-mail or even phone let me know or we can air laundry on a public board.

rprovines

AND I AM BUSY RUNNING MY REAL LIFE BETWEEN WORK AND HUNTING SEASON.

Well hell, there's the problem.

Matt Crawford

AND I AM BUSY RUNNING MY REAL LIFE BETWEEN WORK AND HUNTING SEASON.

Well hell, there's the problem.

Ay-yuh. Better give up the hunting.

rprovines
Personal life's kinda shot too isn't it?

Brad Eden

Crap, I got my buttons pushed. you should have seen how fast i was typing.

I just got back from my mountain deer stand...I forgot to set my alarm clock back an hour so was up and climbing the mountain at 4:00PM instead of 5PM. What a Moe-Ron. I noticed it was wicked dark and I couldn't see the light from rising sun on horizon. Plus I had forgotten my cell phone. It dawned on me I had screwed up---back down, into truck, drove home, got Cell, drove back and climbed to stand. Sat for two hours and had one deer grunt back at me when I used my grunt tube and never saw a thing.

I'll no longer do that stuff but will chain myself to this desk for now on.

I don't think there is any right wing conspiracy--at least not intentional. But I get bashed about that enough to have it bug me.

mshowman
Oh yeah, hide behind a bulletin board monicker.

I'd be lucky to hide behind a bill board, let alone a bulletin board. And let's leave my monkey out of this!

Matt Crawford

I just got back from my mountain deer stand...I forgot to set my alarm clock back an hour so was up and climbing the mountain at 4:00PM instead of 5PM. What a Moe-Ron. I noticed it was wicked dark and I couldn't see the light from rising sun on horizon. Plus I had forgotten my cell phone. It dawned on me I had screwed up---back down, into truck, drove home, got Cell, drove back and climbed to stand. Sat for two hours and had one deer grunt back at me when I used my grunt tube and never saw a thing.

Sun rises at 5 p.m.?

You're still typing too fast. Take a deep breath and pretend you don't give a ****.

Works for us. Sometimes.

(And you're right what you said in that PM to some of us about the black helicopters and the U.N.)

Brad Eden

Sun rises at 5 p.m.?

1/2 hr before sunrise=legal in ME and that was 5:45AM today. Takes me a good half hour to climb to my "my rock" and I like to let woods settle before legal. Even an hour before sunrise--you can see a glow on horizon.