REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Clumber

(human) MRI result... sucks

Tracy, I have absolutely no medical training but I do have experience with L5-S1.  I hurt my back (ignoring pain and finishing what I thought I just had to finish) several years ago.  I spent about three month without  sleeping in my bed.  Instead, I slept in my recliner or on the floor with my feet up in the recliner.  When I finally got to see the Orthopedist he ordered an MRI.  The results were a bulging or ruptured disc at the L5-S1 location.  I had "drop foot" that slapped when I walked and could hardly stand erect.   He sent me for the shots and put me on anti-inflammatory medication but also said walk, walk, walk.  I was scheduled for three of the injections but actually only took one because, like you, I don't like anyone messing around my spine.  It took several months and I still feel pressure in the joint if I try to carry anything with any weight but I have been pretty much pain free for several years now.  Don't give up hope!!  

For what it's worth, before you have any surgery check out the Laser Pine Institute (not sure about the exact name) in Tampa, Fl before you do anything.  I have had two friends who had treatment there and rave about it.   One was scheduled to have discs fused and a rod placed in her back.  She went there instead, had the surgery, left the hospital that very day and wanted to go shopping but her sister refused.  That was two or three years ago and she is still doing great.

Thanks Tracy.  For me it is keeping positive and moving forward.  We all have to play the cards we are dealt.  I have no complaints, I have been very lucky in life and continue to be so.

Dave

Dakota Dogman

stink ... sorry...

I'm grumpy for the 2008, can't imagine getting that call for 2009 also...

Then again, "dey been wrong before"

will pray for you, best mojo I can give

God Bless,

brueggemanns

I'm late to the party, but Tracy, take care of yourself, and know that prairie mojo is on its way.

Get lots of doggie love to ease the pain.  And know that we're all on your side.

Bob Blair
As a surgeon, I would avoid surgery.......especially back surgery, until I had completely exhausted all other avenues. I would start by going to Barnes and Noble, getting a cup of expensive coffee and reading the first three chapters of a book called "Pain Free" by Pete Egosque. If you like it, buy it, read the rest, do exactly what it says, maybe go to one of their clinics, and see what happens. It doesn't cost much and has no risk with much potential benefit. Worked for me!