REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

A question for you guys in the media

How do you know when a member of Congress is going to hold a news conference?  There must be some way in which reporters are informed in advance so they can show up.  My need for the info is that there are certain members of Congress who seem to love to hold press conferences and every time they open their mouths the market drops.  If I knew when they were going to speak I could short the S&P right before and make out nicely.  This is a serious inquiry.

Thanks

Dave

Matt Crawford

Senators and Reps typically have spokesman or communication people on staff. They will send out e-mails or phone calls to the media to inform when the All Important One will have Something Important to Say.

Sometimes the All Important One will post upcoming press conferences on their Web sites.

Thanks Matt.  I checked out several of the biggest mouths' web sites before posting my inquiry and didn't find anything helpful.  I would love to get on some of those e-mail lists but I doubt they would sign me up if they knew my purpose.

Dave

Matt Crawford
You have every right to know. Send an e-mail asking for notification of any news conferences, etc. If they ask what your affiliation is, tell 'em your an independent blogger.