REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
garyRI

No greyhound racing in MA & Prop 2 passed in CA

J.M.

I am pretty disappointed in the dog ban rule. When I was a kid I worked there and never saw the dogs mistreated in any way. I used to go in the kennels and actually was friendly with a trainer, went to his house and saw his operation which was top notch. Lots of folks will be out of work and lots of tax revenue will be lost because of the ban.

What really has me alarmed is that this is just the beginning of the end. How long before the rights groups decide to go after your bird dog? How cruel is it to train with live birds, go to a preserve, put and take hunt for pheasant etc? What about field trials and hunt tests? Anyone who thinks the ban is a good thing is in for a rude awakening.

wingnutty

What really has me alarmed is that this is just the beginning of the end. How long before the rights groups decide to go after your bird dog? How cruel is it to train with live birds, go to a preserve, put and take hunt for pheasant etc? What about field trials and hunt tests? Anyone who thinks the ban is a good thing is in for a rude awakening.

I agree 100%.  

Lots of people have the same opinions about hunting as some folks here have about horse/dog racing.  Shooting a deer or grouse is no different than putting down another kind of animal, imo.  The only thing that makes it different is human emotion.