Posting photos...

THE FOLLOWING ERRORS WERE FOUNDYou are not allowed to use that image extension on this board. A valid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.gif. An invalid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.one.gif

I am continually frustrated in attempting to post photos on UJ website. Every time I attempt to do so I am rewarded with the above message which makes no sense to me and seems to bear little resemblance to the URL (??) of the photo I am trying to post via Shutterfly. For what it's worth I regularly post photos on four other websites without a hiccup. A very frustrated

Ruger1

Its been documented before that Shutterfly photo host does not work with this board software.

I didn't write the software but adopted/uploaded Ikonboard over 7 years ago and attempts at switching to another more popular board software since proved to be a nightmare.

I don't know if any future upgrades to Ikonboard that support Shutterfly are forthcoming.

Most people use photobucket since imagestation closed and others use Picassa and a variety of other photo host sites that work fine with this BB.

Its been documented before that Shutterfly photo host does not work with this board software.

I didn't write the software but adopted/uploaded Ikonboard over 7 years ago and attempts at switching to another more popular board software since proved to be a nightmare.

I don't know if any future upgrades to Ikonboard that support Shutterfly are forthcoming.

Most people use photobucket since imagestation closed and others use Picassa and a variety of other photo host sites that work fine with this BB.

Thanks for the info. I followed your advice and opened an album in Photobucket and tried to post two photos but again received this message -

THE FOLLOWING ERRORS WERE FOUNDYou are not allowed to use that image extension on this board. A valid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.gif. An invalid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.one.gif

?????

Ruger1

You shouldn't be having a problem.  Once you've uploaded your .jpg image to photobucket click the box that says IMG Code next to the photo.  It should automatically copy the url with the html code allowing it to be posted on the board.   Then, just paste it into the post.

Give that a try.

You shouldn't be having a problem.  Once you've uploaded your .jpg image to photobucket click the box that says IMG Code next to the photo.  It should automatically copy the url with the html code allowing it to be posted on the board.   Then, just paste it into the post.

Give that a try.

Thanks Briarpatch er...Briarscratch   :cool:  -

that worked. I posted two photos in F & A "Carry Guns." I had been clicking on the photo, then properties, then "copy" like it works on Shutterfly. Thanks again.

Ruger1

• 2 weeks later...

In early Nov. 2006 my GSP Fudge totally ruptured the ACL in her left leg. My vet could go the "fishing line" route for $1600.00 but based on the x-rays he recommended having the surgery done at Michigan State Vet School where a "plate" would secure the joint - TPLO??. This would cost about $2800.00. According to my vet that procedure would result in a much much faster recovery. The problem was Mich. State had a four week backlog of surgery which of course negated the "quicker recovery" to say nothing of pain, onset of arthritis etc. He said that the long term prognosis was similar with both procedures. He did the surgery two days later and thankfully the damage wasn't quite as bad as indicated by the x-rays - but her ACL was totally ruptured. The 'fishing line' is just there to satbilize the joint while scar tissue forms - scar tissue is what stabilizes the joint for the long term.

Fudgeleg.jpg

Following surgery she was put on a strict regime which I followed to the letter. Outside on a leash for two weeks only to do her business. When the soft cast came off it was something like a five minute walk once a day for a week, then a ten minute walk once a day for a week etc. After a month of this the vet evaluated her and extended her regime to include longer walks especially in hilly terrain, low sand dunes etc. He emphasized over and over and over again that the most important thing I could do in the long run was to keep her weight under control and rebuild the somewhat atrophied muscle in her damaged leg through controlled exercise. If the dog is overweight it will favor the damaged leg at the expense of the good leg which is then subject to the same problem.

This is a picture of her in February 2007 following her November 2006 surgery:

Fudgesnow.jpg

lots of fun running around in the snow.

Since the surgery I've hunted her hard in 07 and 08 (Michigan grouse/woodcock and SD pheasant). She seems to have made a complete recovery with no lameness, stiffness and no sign of any problems. She runs up and down stairs and bounds off our low deck and holly hedge whenever she sees a squirrel in the back yard. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Ruger1

Good job R1. That error code you got can be sparked by any error in code entry including a missing bracket [ slash / or . Yep, even a . can prevent the photo from showing.

Special kudos to you that the image is a decent size that even a dial up guy can load.

Alan

ps: I have a question. How did you turn the splint into a dog toy . . . or did the dog do that?

• 9 years later...

Here we are again or here I am again. Photobucket is a thing of the past at least without paying an annual exorbitant fee. So - any suggestions on posting photos here ? On another public outdoor forum I can drag/drop a photo from my computer photo album to my e-mail, re-send it to myself and then copy and paste it to the website. I tried that here but it didn't work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ruger 1

Cooter Brown
On 4/13/2018 at 7:10 PM, Ruger1 said:

Here we are again or here I am again. Photobucket is a thing of the past at least without paying an annual exorbitant fee. So - any suggestions on posting photos here ? On another public outdoor forum I can drag/drop a photo from my computer photo album to my e-mail, re-send it to myself and then copy and paste it to the website. I tried that here but it didn't work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ruger 1

I think Smugmug works.  But the easiest way to do it is to shoot Brad a donation.  Posting photos becomes a drag and drop procedure.  Smugmug charges anyway.

• 2 months later...
Chief Paduke

This is using postimage. You don’t have to join. Very simple to use. Simple to resize for posting on boards  56_D4803_F-49_DA-49_AC-_A5_D7-4_F1_EDABC

• 2 years later...