STORM II

I had planned to head to UNH this morning to retrieve my youngest daughter for her winter break, but the forecast for southern New England looked ominous so Jo Ann and I did a late afternoon/night run down there yesterday. So Liz is safely ensconced here at home now.

I understand this storm has been ravaging the lake states and is moving straight East.

How you folks out west dealing?

You folks in Mass and NH gonna get walloped---again?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hunshatt

• River19

• Brad Eden

• gunsrus

Local city is saying up to inch of ice in some areas around here, trees and power lines going. Not bad driving yet, we got 2-3 inches of sleet before it went to ice, so that gives some traction. This year reminds me of the good old winters of my youth, I think I like this global warming thing.

The interstates and highways around here are about 75% 1/2" of ice.  My deck and driveway are hockey rinks, even though Jim put salt down an hour ago.

It's a nice day to hunker down.  We're lucky, our power lines are underground.  Some of the towns around us aren't so lucky...

Everybody stay safe!

I've been in Prescott, AZ all week on business, and the weather has been crap here-snow, rain, mixed rain and snow, but nothing really sticking on the roads.

I talked with my wife last evening, and she said I'm not going to believe the amount of snow we received back home, when I get back. Looked on the Nat'l Weather site, and it said Coeur d' Alene set a 24 hr record with 25 inches of snow, and it doesn't look like the last of it, more coming!

It's snowing pretty good here in mid-Michigan and has been since 4AM. I can barely see the road 200 feet away as I type.

I will be happy to allow this to pass to all my friends east of here.

It's times like today I wish I'd saved a ham bone for a big pot of bean soup! Or, as Scott Grush would say...."I wish I had another ruffed grouse pot pie".-Too Dogs

Well between the snow and the wind don't know how much we have so far.  Still snowing, most schools closed in southern third of state.  State Patrol advises no travel unless it is an emergency and all this is headed east.  Just looked again, looks like between 6-8"s so far.  Have a great weekend.
PartridgeCartridge

This one seems to be a very unusual weather pattern and could potentially be a real bummer for alot of you northerners. I have to believe that the birdhunting in the wake of a front like this would be very productive.

Tonight's forecast brought to you by PC:

Dark. Widely scattered light by morning.

what stever said....... But having a BAT (Big Ass Truck) 4x4 helps. Always fun to pull the retarded people with fwd cars out of the ditches. Got my guys on the road early, so they'll be back by noon, I hope.

Looks to be a follow up storm sun/mon as well

Strange thing. We have no ice at all here but 20 miles to our north they are reporting 1/2" on the ground. We're having nothing but downpours of rain. I just sent someone up to check out a reported burst sprinkler that turned out to be a roof leak. And the weather report is calling for temperatures to reach near 60 this afternoon. It is 34 now. Now might be a good time for those of you in the northeast to bring in some extra firewood.

Sleeting, freezing rain at the moment.  Looks like it's going to be ugly.

So if a guy were planning on driving a thousand miles or so due west from New Jersey this Sunday, what kind of advice would you offer regarding routes and such?

We have no ice at all here but 20 miles to our north they are reporting 1/2" on the ground. We're having nothing but downpours of rain.

Mike, please send rain and 2 more degrees.

Hey Tim, having a medium 4x4 works as well, but I’ll always choose the Subaru over any truck in snow…….I won’t be pulling anyone out of ditches but I could sure drive them home with no issues. :D

I’ll take snow any day over ice.

Then again I’ll take ice any day over the 3” of cake batter mud I drove through in VT a month ago.  I actually said the following “I hope this stuff freezes up soon so there is some traction”………..odd but true.

Steve

Snowing here, too, but it does that every day. Or at least it has for the last 3 weeks... :O

My son, his wife and my newest grandson are leaving the Eastern Shore of Maryland tomorrow a.m., headed for Michigan. I do hope this weather passes by then.

So if a guy were planning on driving a thousand miles or so due west from New Jersey this Sunday, what kind of advice would you offer

that said individual leaves a note, leaving his Merkel to the guy in Ma, with no traditon of his own, as payment for a storage bill... :laugh:  :laugh:

Stever, the diesel has so much xtra weight up front, and such a long wheel base, it pretty much goes anyplace, all the time