STORM II

So if a guy were planning on driving a thousand miles or so due west from New Jersey this Sunday, what kind of advice would you offer

that said individual leaves a note, leaving his Merkel to the guy in Ma, with no traditon of his own, as payment for a storage bill... :laugh:  :laugh:

Very funny sir!  Now you're getting the Mossie.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hunshatt

• River19

• Brad Eden

• gunsrus

Tim – I would agree, the long bed or long cab diesels are one step below a locomotive, of course with that extra weight, when they are stuck they are really stuck…..then they just become a nice mobile home until spring…………..

Nancy was smart enough to work from home today and forego the 45 miles towards the Boston area.  Which means she will be able to avoid the folks that think BMW is the “Ultimate Driving Machine” in all weather, until they head through the brush in the median of 95 with their 3 series instead of a good pair of chaps.

Sunny.  Supposed to be in the mid-70s here in Charleston, SC.  

I saw on the drive over yesterday evening how beautiful and golden the upland SC countryside was (Augusta-Columbia-Charleston).  I would've loved to have pulled over and let Larsen run the rolling hills and fields that followed the big power lines.

For those getting hit with some weather, stay safe.  Go out and get cold, and then build an "ADF" (All Day Fire), hang out at home, and enjoy the spirit of the Season this weekend.  

Best wishes to all,

frak

So if a guy were planning on driving a thousand miles or so due west from New Jersey this Sunday, what kind of advice would you offer

that said individual leaves a note, leaving his Merkel to the guy in Ma, with no traditon of his own, as payment for a storage bill... :laugh:  :laugh:

Very funny sir!  Now you're getting the Mossie.

dowwwwww :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:

they just become a nice mobile home …………..

Cool, never thought of that. Now I'll have someplace to live once Kathi throws me out :laugh:

10:45 AM update

Nothing here in our neck yet. Sky is cloudy, but bright. I stopped to say thanks to one of the Fairpoint service guys last night on the way home and he pointed to the towns south of Keene, NH (Jaffrey, Fitzwilliam) and indicated that they are expected to be without power until at least January 5th. Even the metal high line towers are laying on the ground.

The next few days are going to be typical New England from the looks of it. Guess I'll go reorganize the garage so I can attempt to get the Taco out of the weather.

Good luck all. Merry Christmas!

Alan, Cheryl, Gypsy, Penny and Millie

For you it would be more like Noah's Ark with each of your dog breeds two by two....it might get crowded, time for a crew cab long bed if you don't already have one.........

It is a big one and nasty, but winding down here and headed east.

Scratch, I80 should be OK by Sunday, but there is another little one behind this one. Right now, the next one looks like it will stay north of I80 and is expected to be light.

Hey Tim, having a medium 4x4 works as well, but I’ll always choose the Subaru over any truck in snow…….

Truer words were never written here.

For you it would be more like Noah's Ark with each of your dog breeds two by two....it might get crowded, time for a crew cab long bed if you don't already have one.........

I'll go see whats in the shop lot :blush:  :blush:

Sleeting, freezing rain at the moment.  Looks like it's going to be ugly.

So if a guy were planning on driving a thousand miles or so due west from New Jersey this Sunday, what kind of advice would you offer regarding routes and such?

The area you're heading to got pounded last night. We were scheduled to head there today and canceled the weekend plans...still going to get off of work early today though and try to chase some pheasants before round 2 hits tomorrow.

Joe

The report from Cardinal Marsh about 10 minutes ago was sunny, hazy, 20 degrees, 8" fresh snow last night.

Rte 80/90 or 70/74?   That is the question.

Had to go blowout the drive and the neighbors(he's on vacation) just to keep up, my little 4.5 horsepower Toro was working hard.

Glad I hit it once already because if I had waited until it quits I think i'd be shoveling what the Toro couldn't move.

7" of new stuff and its still coming down hard.

I'll have to rectify that grouse potpie shortage this weekend.  :D

The New York Contingency has 6" down at 1:30

Vis remains short with winds picking up. We are expecting another 6-12" by morning :down:

Well another log on the fire and freshen up the scotch.

Carl