STORM II

Scratch, I was looking at the weather map a bit ago and it looks like rain along the PA Tpk, I70 corridor and clear west of that. Haula** if your going.
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hunshatt

• River19

• Brad Eden

• gunsrus

bosco mctavitch

Wonderful.  Currently stuck in the Charlottesville, Va airport waiting on a 3.5 hour "delay"...I'm trying to figure out if that's a euphemism for "cancellation".  Flight from philly is showing on time, although that's a crock at this point,and the earlier leg of my backup flight is already cancelled.  Not sure whether I prefer being stranded in charlottesville or philly, but neither is quite as nice as curled up in front of the fire at home with a nice warm wife and dog...

Oh, and there's no bar in the airport here--ghetto accomodations.

I like winter when I'm at home.  (on a lighter note, I do have the company credit card and I know how to use it...)

just started to snow here. back from dropping a couple of grand on snow tires for kathi and my sister. All the stupid people are practicing thier snow driving skills . 3 wrecks in a 1 mile strech to the tire place. the 20 min commute should be a joy tonight :down:  :down:

I know a few folks over the years that that went in the ditch or worse during ice/snow storms and none of them are stupid?

interesting..

The report from Cardinal Marsh about 10 minutes ago was sunny, hazy, 20 degrees, 8" fresh snow last night.

Rte 80/90 or 70/74?   That is the question.

go 74, the worst is over here in Central IL.  But Jim says you should take I-10.

Supposedly 12+ " here for me........whatever, it is winter in New England, deal with it.   :D

Ditto.

Oh yeah, you are always cool as a cucumber. :laugh:

The report from Cardinal Marsh about 10 minutes ago was sunny, hazy, 20 degrees, 8" fresh snow last night.

go 74, the worst is over here in Central IL.  But Jim says you should take I-10.

Deb, where's I-10?

According to local weather reports ME is gonna miss the major snowfall. Too bad because I like a good foot+ of snow on the ground to bank the house for insulation. If its gonna be WICKED COLD like it is here now there might as well be snow too. Its the wind and torrential rain and ice that results in flooding and power outages that spook me.
Deb, where's I-10?

It runs through Tallahassee and just north of Panama City. Take it on your way back and I'll meet you along the way. Jim is a wise man.

W. Pennington

Deb, where's I-10?

Suspect you'll find I-10 is just a shade out of your way unless you'd like to pick up a big bucket of gumbo to take to the in-laws...

I know a few folks over the years that that went in the ditch or worse during ice/snow storms and none of them are stupid?

interesting..

with a inch of snow down??? and nothing really nasty underneath.

frugal pointer

All the stupid people are practicing thier snow driving skills . 3 wrecks in a 1 mile strech to the tire place

I know what you mean, thats why I'm glad I am not working.  "But I have four/all/front wheel drive....I was only going 50 miles an hour"....

'Scratch, if you do take 74, gimme a holler when you get near Bloomington and I'll meet you in Morton for a cuppa Joe.  I know a good coffee house there.  

But wherever you go, be safe, mmmmKay?