STORM II

We're on the VT/NY border and it's been snowing hard. About 6" already, will double that this eve. Enough to keep me from making the 3 hour drive to go do a dog breeding that was scheduled for today. Tim is out having fun playing with his new (to him) plow. He had always plowed with his '53 Farmall Cub tractor so the concept of being dry and warm while plowing has him actually enjoying plowing in the 11 degree weather out there. We'll see how many storms the joy of plowing lasts.  :laugh:
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hunshatt

• River19

• Brad Eden

• gunsrus

A talking head is saying the coldest November in a while and the winter storms we are experiencing are classic and typical examples of global warning.  He makes so much sense.
Rex, WTF does he  mean by that??? :oh:  typical and classic examples??? :glare:  Guess I missed the last global warming phase. Cause all the old timers are telling me this is how it was 40-50 years ago, and then some.

A talking head is saying the coldest November in a while and the winter storms we are experiencing are classic and typical examples of global warning.  He makes so much sense.

That's interesting, because NOAA is saying that this past November was one of the warmest November's on record:  NOAA: Global Temperature for November Fourth Warmest on Record

Sleeting, freezing rain at the moment.  Looks like it's going to be ugly.

So if a guy were planning on driving a thousand miles or so due west from New Jersey this Sunday, what kind of advice would you offer regarding routes and such?

Shouldn't it clear out by Sunday?  You're probably in more danger from the friggin' Pennsylvania drivers than the weather.

But in any case, call me with the gunsafe combination before you leave.  In case of the worst, I want to be able to squire the 21 to safety before Tim shows up with his sob story about how you wanted him to have it.

Bosco -- if you're stuck in Philly tomorrow, let me know.  I'll run down to meet ya for a burger and a beer or two.

Bosco -- if you're stuck in Philly tomorrow, let me know.  I'll run down to meet ya for a burger and a beer or two.

Tony,

You can be shot in these parts for a comment like that.  When in Philly, it is a cheese steak, not a burger!!!  We have to be famous for something other than Rocky around here!

Wit or witout- mite as well get the lingo down as well.

Genos or Pats????

So many choices and decisions!

Fuess

That's interesting, because NOAA is saying that this past November was one of the warmest November's on record:  NOAA: Global Temperature for November Fourth Warmest on Record

I could be wrong.  The dude also said that the 10 warmest years on record have all ocurred since 1997 and he has aready chocked 2008 as one of those 10.

Well we got 10.5"s today offically, more tomorrow and Sunday.  High on Moday supposed to be 5 above.  Any suggestions as to chasing grouse in this weather?

Tony,

You can be shot in these parts for a comment like that.  When in Philly, it is a cheese steak, not a burger!!!  We have to be famous for something other than Rocky around here!

Genos or Pats????

Fuess

Pats.

frugal pointer
So far 9 or 10 inches of snow here on the Southcoast.  3 boys out front building snow forts for a snowball fight, 2 dogs wreaking havoc on the attempts to store ammo :laugh: FP
So far 9 or 10 inches of snow here on the Southcoast.  3 boys out front building snow forts for a snowball fight, 2 dogs wreaking havoc on the attempts to store ammo :laugh: FP

Brings back the old days . Sounds like they're having a great time . They'll come in the house later , soaking wet covered in snow and won't even realize how cold it was . The only reason they'll come in is because it will be late and you'll make them . Up and at it first thing tomorrow am to see if the fort survived . Ohhhhhhh the memories !!! I love snow storms when I don't have to work .

Left Portland to drive back up to Bangor at about 4:pm today and the snow was starting and the wind was blowing it around. My speed ranged between 25 and 40 mph on I-295 in the heavy traffic until about the Topsham 1-A Exit area where it started to thin out some. Slow white knuckle drive till Waterville.

Posted on Dec. 19 2008,8:16

(fuess @ Dec. 19 2008,5:43)

Tony,

Genos or Pats?

Fuess

Pats.

On a load, does it matter???  

Fuess

Just read this this morning:

"The National Weather Service warned New Hampshire residents they could face "greater extremes" on Sunday than they experienced during Friday's blizzard.

Power remained cut to several thousand homes and businesses in New Hampshire after last week's storm.

The forecast said up to 11 inches of wet snow was likely, leading to more power cuts in the state."

You boys hunker down and be safe.