STORM II

I will take snow over ice any day.  Looks like we will get around 8-10 on top of the 8 we already have starting off to be a nice winter season :D

Plus the Pats played at home in the snow and had a great game does it get any better :D

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hunshatt

• River19

• Brad Eden

• gunsrus

18" here . And I'm *&%^%&*((%%%$$$$ pissed. Bought a Toro 520 Hydro, used, with a new 48" blower attachment. Freakin thing is a hunk of Shite.... Wouldn't blow 2 storms ago,  figurd heavy and wet. Wasn't so intrested in really clearing on sat, but finally got the job done , Today it just bogged down, had to call a budy with a plow, as my old toro walk behind is at the office. New snow clearing apparatus will be coming home sooner than later.

We have a little snow, a lot of ice and a lot of wind.  Power has been out for some time now, but that is a common happening for us and, as usual, the big generator is powering everything just as if we were still connected to the grid, while the woodstove is keeping us warm as toast.

For a short time today, the sun broke through the clouds and turned the woods into a wonderland – every tiny twig sparkled and glowed.  This pic of one of my trails up on the mountain does not do the event justice, but maybe gives a small idea of how cool it was.

12-21-08-Iceinthewoods.jpg

I LOVE every minute of the fall and winter.  Good stuff!!

Tim - I could have saved you some money as we used to have a snowblower on the front of my 1975 Wheel Horse when I as growing up, it was a total PITA in anything remotely wet.  I remember ducking flying smoking debris from blown PTO clutch plates during several storms. It worked better as a plow.

A standard plow would be better.....then again I don't think the 520 has large wheels in the rear, does it?

Do you know any heavy friends that could sit on it and provide some "bite" for the rear wheels while plowing?

My 1967 Ariens still chugs along for me.  It gives me a great upper body workout........

Steve

18" here . And I'm *&%^%&*((%%%$$$$ pissed. Bought a Toro 520 Hydro, used, with a new 48" blower attachment. Freakin thing is a hunk of Shite.... Wouldn't blow 2 storms ago,  figurd heavy and wet. Wasn't so intrested in really clearing on sat, but finally got the job done , Today it just bogged down, had to call a budy with a plow, as my old toro walk behind is at the office. New snow clearing apparatus will be coming home sooner than later.

Tim , Stop buying guns and buy the best you can in snow blowing , a Honda . It will blow wet crap 30 feet . I've owned just about all of them and traded up to finally get the best . Pricey but starts 2nd pull EVERY year . Suck it up and Pay the Piper !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats with all the Snow Throwers? I've lived in ME for over 20 years and have never owned one or a plow. Just because I walk like a stooped over 92 year old from all the shoveling shouldn't matter. Man the flip up!

It took me a couple hours just to SHOVEL off the back deck, the walkways to driveway and barn and dig out the 3 vehicles and move them to end of driveway where my plowman had cleared during the night. My heart only palpitated about 1/2 dozen times. Not bad for a 50 year old fat man. I'm guessing we got 12-15"-hard to tell with drifts.

Just got back in from taking a relaxing walk with the Husqvarna. What a nice snowblower this is cleared the drive a path for the neighbors kid to walk over to catch the bus and part of the back yard for the dogs.  Tim step up and get a good machine :D We ended up with between 8-10 of light fluffy snow

Snowed most of all day yesterday, most of all night and ended about 3:00 pm today! Another storm rolling in tomorrow that's supposed to last through Saturday.

My crazy son who's home from college is outside right now climbing onto the roof of the house and jumping off into the front yard. I should put a shovel in his hand while he's up there, to do something productive!

It sounds as though he's done, I hear some complaints about "cold fingers", but not until after he had to try jumping off, about the highest part of the roof, against my protests!