REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
SydneyWI

The end?

RookieEP

Ken I thought Ischmal was your middle name.  As your family is huge KISS fans.

Good morning.  Anyone going to the Auto Shows.  I hope the Big 3 shine.  Some of the electric car stats are pretty wild.  First 40 miles run on batteries etc.  

I have 3 job interviews this week, one I really REALLY want, it is a Children's Hospital- a long shot but we'll see what happens.  Wish me luck.  

Oh what this is not the Geni thread.. carry on.

Pat Berry
Mandy my Brit started vomiting overnight, quite a lot of bile actually

Hmmm, that's weird. I woke up at 11:47 pm last night to find that Seamus puked in bed right next to me. Big chunks of whotheheckknowswhat. Brooke was really pleased.

Brad Eden
I was able to guilt a few members into sending in a donation on the Genius Topic-even one sponsor donation.

Ken Shannon
... How about a little of that MOJO? ...

"Mojo"? No, I don't believe in such hokus-pokus, but I'll say a little prayer that Mandy will be okay.

mshowman

I'll send Mojo, Ron. Sounds like you and Pat should have made sure your pups got their flu shots.

You have one hour and forty five minutes to get to the vet.

BTW, you're having a toe chopped on? WTH? Sounds like you might be in line for a bit of Mojo too.

rprovines

Well thank you Ken, me too.

Brad, you've turned this into a money making deal? #$*^, you're good. Ruthless and an @#&^, but that's pretty slick.

Pat, no chunks, just yellow bile. Hmmm, and she'd eaten half her kibble... Must have eaten early and vomited late.

mschaefer

Ron,

Good luck at the vet.  Since everyone knows that Brits are the greatest pheasant dogs, it will be hard for you to exterminate the nasties if you are a dog short.  Good luck with your surgery, also.

Marty

Hunshatt
make sure they don't take the toe, just above the neck

Brad Eden
Brad, you've turned this into a money making deal? #$*^, you're good. Ruthless and an @#&^, but that's pretty slick.

Thanks.

How to become a Contributing Member

jmooney
I woke up at 11:47 pm last night to find that Seamus puked in bed right next to me. Big chunks of whotheheckknowswhat. Brooke was really pleased.

I think that if that ever happened at my house you wouldn't hear from me again.  Carol would kill me and use my carcass to clean up the vomit.

NHBirddogger

Thanks.

Brad rolled.

Ken Shannon
Well thank you Ken, me too.

As Stallone would say, "Ab-so-loodly."

Breakfast Boy

Thanks.

Brad rolled.

Geniu...oh, nevermind.

nobirdshere

Brad, since you posed the inquiry previously, I wouldn't change a thing about the board. There have been a few threads over the years that have blossomed into "mega-threads" and there may or may not be another materializing again. While some clearly have some disdain for these, as you noted, real friendships have been formed. Hopefully, these haven't come at the expense of alienating others, but that may not always be the case.

Without some of these prior seemingly ridiculous threads, it is extremely unlikely I would have ever driven to Michigan to pick up a complete stranger in 2006, and driven on to Maine to meet many more. I likely would not have bunked with another complete stranger, or awoke 3 hours after driving 21 hours straight to fish with another. That would absolutely have been my loss, as it afforded me the opportunity to meet so many wonderful people. The thing was (and contrary to one assertion that we would all arrive and sit in awkward silence), none of of these people were strangers. I knew all from their posts on the board, but I also knew many member's wives names, their kid's names, life circumstances, and learned quite a bit about their sense of humor in these threads. This has gone on to create some lasting friendships. These are not just virtual Interweb acquaintance type-friendships, but the "I would probably help you move if you needed me, drive 1000 miles to hunt, and will definitely call to grab a beer if I am ever anywhere nearby" type friendships. I could not conceive that I would ever actually meet anyone here when I joined, nor did I really have any personal desire.

Thanks for your patience with the variety of these threads over the years that materialize organically. Sorry some have taken a turn towards the inappropriate and created additional work or concern for you. If another one ever appears again, hopefully, the various participants can keep the content consistent with the board guidelines.

Ben, if the intent of your post was to suggest that nothing is changed on UJ, I couldn't agree more. If the intent was to suggest that certain members pick up their marbles and head elsewhere, that would be very unfortunate. Many of those same participants are people that contribute quality content on the board (as you described), offer support for people with sick family members and dogs, and gladly write checks every year to help pay for the bandwidth they utilize and/or for people in need.

Brad, thanks again for keeping the wood stove burning and the community you have created. If it isn't broken, there is no need to fix it.

Pat Berry

The hunt continues.

sasquatch2uc6.jpg