The end?

Hunshatt @ Jan. 11 2009,9:50)

(mschaefer @ Jan. 11 2009,9:36)

Once you've survived posting pictures of yourself in the ugly Christmas sweater, what's the worse that can happen?

Revealing photo with crawbag???

mshaefer,

With you being new here, a little piece of advice. If this Hunshatt Evil Clown guy invites you to any Tedders Gang thing, run. Run like hell. Tedder's Gang is very similar to the end of the genius thread, if you know what I mean.

I think he should look it up. give him the link, wasn't it in the urban dictionary or something under Tedder's gang?

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rprovines

• Brad Eden

• SydneyWI

• Breakfast Boy

This is a place to share knowledge, information, meet other earnest bird hunters and just plain shoot the breeze. It's been compared to a bird hunting camp or an old general store where hunters meet at the end of the day around the wood stove to tell tall tales.

I actually like the old general store analogy. A lot. However, if the pot bellied stove conversation in my favorite general story was limited to birds, dogs, and poetry....well, I'd be pretty damn bored of the conversation, regardless of the conversant, pretty damn quick. And I like to talk about dogs, a lot.

Brad, I don't blame you for going nuclear. The thread was begging for Suicide By Bradford for several daze. So back to the old general store....the conversation around the wood burner was going down hill and needing a douse of cold water from the local preacher. Needed and done, most likely. However, I think what pisses us off, just as it has the last three times, is the gloating and cheering from the ladies auxiliary, and the local rotary club pointing fingers and saying we were being malicious and trying to run other folks out of the store.  Preacher extinguished the old stove again, but I’m sure some crazy coot will relight it and start passing around the ceegars and the mason jar before long. Unless of course everyone got so wet and irritated by the dousing they the just go home and start shopping at Walmart. Now THAT would be a shame.

Fascist Plot?  And I a mtoo stupid to understand most of what was going on in that thread!

Who cares now, the IGGLES won.

Are you ready for some Football??

Fuess

This is a place to share knowledge, information, meet other earnest bird hunters and just plain shoot the breeze. It's been compared to a bird hunting camp or an old general store where hunters meet at the end of the day around the wood stove to tell tall tales.

I actually like the old general store analogy. A lot. However, if the pot bellied stove conversation in my favorite general story was limited to birds, dogs, and poetry....well, I'd be pretty damn bored of the conversation, regardless of the conversant, pretty damn quick. And I like to talk about dogs, a lot.

Brad, I don't blame you for going nuclear. The thread was begging for Suicide By Bradford for several daze. So back to the old general store....the conversation around the wood burner was going down hill and needing a douse of cold water from the local preacher. Needed and done, most likely. However, I think what pisses us off, just as it has the last three times, is the gloating and cheering from the ladies auxiliary, and the local rotary club pointing fingers and saying we were being malicious and trying to run other folks out of the store.  Preacher extinguished the old stove again, but I’m sure some crazy coot will relight it and start passing around the ceegars and the mason jar before long. Unless of course everyone got so wet and irritated by the dousing they the just go home and start shopping at Walmart. Now THAT would be a shame.

Well said. Don't get mad at me, but I would say that was darn poetic.

poetry

Right. Got it.  Ahem...

There once was a man from Glass

Who had balls that were made of brass.

When he clanged them together

They played "Stormy Weather"

And lightning shot out of his ***.

Can I stay now?

... And while I'm at it, this emoticon thing, if you can't adequately express your meaning with the written word, or if you feel you have to couch your true meaning behind some sort of little fake smiley face... You're outta here along with the emoticon you posted. Emoticons are okay until they're used, then they suck...

I'm fully capable of expressing myself with the written word, Ron, as you should be well aware, but I'll continue to use emoticons, and bold print, and capital letters, where I feel they're appropriate, UNTIL someone's who's ACTUALLY IN CHARGE removes the options to do so friom the site.   :p

Cheers right back atcha, partner.   :D

Oh, BTW, you can consider this as serious a post as yours on this thread. Did I express that ambiguously enough for ya?   :upside:

I'm fully capable of expressing myself with the written word, Ron, as you should be well aware, but I'll continue to use emoticons, and bold print, and capital letters, where I feel they're appropriate, UNTIL someone's who's ACTUALLY IN CHARGE removes the options to do so friom the site.   :p

Cheers right back atcha, partner.   :D

Oh, BTW, you can consider this as serious a post as yours on this thread. Did I express that ambiguously enough for ya?   :upside:

Ken, your post is the cutest ever on UJ.

You misspelled you.

Good morning Ken, yes that's perfect. So many,many tightly wound individuals... It's the times we're in. Well, with no humor left in the world at this moment, I gotta call a vet about a Brit.
However, I think what pisses us off, just as it has the last three times, is the gloating and cheering from the ladies auxiliary, and the local rotary club pointing fingers and saying we were being malicious and trying to run other folks out of the store.  

Scott, you were just a youngin', or maybe not even that, when Jeannie C. Riley came out with a song called Harper Valley PTA. Somehow I think you heard it.

Some random thoughts about the Genius thread....

I liked it.

I met 4 UJers as a direct result of a single post in the Genius thread. Good guys.

It ain't Matt's fault.

It ain't Brad's fault, well, at least not most of it.

Erik and Pat told me how to post pictures after something happened that stopped me from posting them like I always had done. I had planned to check that out but the information may be lost and gone forever. Of well, I mostly only posted fishing pictures anyway.

I opened UJ first thing this morning so I could see what was happening in the world of Genius. I was disappointed.

Rex is right.

I'm encouraging my Llewellin Setter to point rabbits and if that offends anybody I'll borrow some of Ron's vocabulary to tell them what they can do about it.

My refrigerator quit running last night and ice cream ran all over the floor under it. That was the 2nd worst thing that has happenned in the past 12 hours.

Thanks for the ride, Matt.

Breakfast Boy
I don't really blame Matt for the death of the Genius thread.  But I'm going to blame him anyway, just to be an @sshole.

Ken, your post is the cutest ever on UJ.

You misspelled you.

Cute is my middle name.

Ya wouldn't kid me about the misspelling, would ya?

Good morning Ken, yes that's perfect. So many,many tightly wound individuals... It's the times we're in. Well, with no humor left in the world at this moment, I gotta call a vet about a Brit.

Yes Ron the Ladies Auxilliary is alive and well!

Good luck with your Brit. I hope all is well.

11:30....11:30,,,,11:30....

Don't let me forget that. Mandy my Brit started vomiting overnight, quite a lot of bile actually. Well normally I wouldn't feed her for a few hours and then give her a little chicken and rice and see what happened, then go from there. Got this $*#^&% surgery tomorrow that kind of precludes doing that. Wife don't like taking the dogs to the vet, not only is it expensive but she can't control the dogs. Go figure. So I'll do it today. 11:30....11:30,,,,11:30....

How about a little of that MOJO? Got a bit of that left for an old gal (not Angie, she's fine, the Brit) that didn't make it to the woods much this year? (Although Angie didn't make it to the woods much either.) 11:30...11:30.... I'll forget, I know I will.

Mike, Rex is always right.

BB, you or Matt?