REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Bearkat

Knob Creek

Bearkat

I know it has been mentioned around here before, but I finally got ahold of some Knob Creek and Wow!  Good stuff on the rocks.

Hunshatt - Please add this to the list for this fall's hunt.

digger
Knob Creek is truly nectar of the Gods, and in our state it's always easy to find in the handy 1/2 gallon size......YUMMMMM

WPG Gizmo
I really like Knob Creek when I am drinking the brown liquid far better then anything else I have had in recent years :D

Hunshatt
ok, U didn't like last years choices??? fine, u going to be able to keep up with Larry and I this time, sissy boy?? :glare:  :glare:

Bloodhound
Knob Creek is YUMMY!!! but I usually cheap out and get Makers Mark...its almost as good and $5 to $7 cheaper...and Makers Mark is no slouch...as a matter of fact I just finished off 2 fingers while enjoying this post....YUMMY!!!!

MattB
I just finished off 2 fingers while enjoying this post

The thread is only five entries long!

The NH packy currently has Pappy 15, 18 and 21. This is a first. I was tempted, but they are above my paygrade.

Currently finishing a bottle of Buffalo Trace. A bit thin and hot, but tasty. KC is one of my favorites. A good, versatile pour--some body, some sweetness, some spice. A few others in the cabinet.

sxsneubaum
I enjoy a nice tumbler of bourbon now and again.  I like Maker's Mark and Knob Creek.  Urbana has a niiiiice wine store.  Has an excellent selection of wines and spirits, plus tastings Friday, Saturday, & Sunday.  About once a month they have a bourbon tasting.  $5 and anywhere from 8-12 different brands of bourbon.  I tried Old Weller and for me, oh my, freakin' awesome.  Real smooth and it does comapre to Knob Creek, I think it is better.

mshowman
I prefer Knob Creek to Maker's Mark. A few days ago I bought some Russell's Reserve. Have to test it this weekend to see how it stacks up to the other two.

Hunshatt
I drink a bit of the Blantons and the woodward reserve. but if lil tx wants knob creek, so be it

River19

Stop screwing around with the amateur stuff and step over to Blanton's.... :D

Knob is good though....

mshowman
Stop screwing around with the amateur stuff and step over to Blanton's.... :D

Knob is good though....

Got to agree with that. I never had Blantons until RE1 fixed me up with some last summer. Excellent.

Bloodhound

(Bloodhound @ Jan. 16 2009,12:00)

I just finished off 2 fingers while enjoying this post

"The thread is only five entries long!"

MattB

I am a slow reader..............

I'm thinking you should add...Bourbon flavored coffee to your menu  :cool:

Bearkat

I will have to give the Old Weller and Blantons a try as well.  

Hunshatt - Don't make me start posting pics! :p

Come on by Jeff!  I will be at the house.  We can kick back some Knob Creek and build up our courage to go after those airport woodcock I saw this morning. :D  If anyone sees a news story about shots being fired around IAH this weekend, don't worry.  It was just us. :devil:

Briarscratch
I like Knob too, it's one of my favorite session whiskeys.   Smooth and not too sweet.