REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Brad Eden

Temps across UJ land?

Brad Eden

My thermometer read -28 degrees this morning in Central Maine.

How about you?

Old house was creaking and moaning all night. Ice on inside of some windows and when you open the back door to let dogs out it creates a vapor cloud like dry ice.

All three vehicles in driveway started after some cranking.

Supposed to get a few degrees warmer tonight.

nobirdshere
A balmy -11F along the Lake Michigan shores, but -30F a few miles west. Sadly, I am heading that way shortly.

Trappercase

-29 Celsius = -20.19 Fahrenheit   -40 with the windchill =-40F

Schools closed.

rprovines
-21 at the north end of the Hoosier state, talked to daughter and -10 in Indy. Weatherguy laughed and said he'd call for a high of 1 today, but thought he was probably being too optmisitic.

brueggemanns
-22 as I drove in (-45 with the windchill).  Now it's up to a tropical -15 (with -27 windchill) here in Peoria IL.  Schools are closed.

dirtdog

It was a balmy 5-degrees, when I pulled into my driveway in Spotsylvania, VA. when I got home from working the Midnight shift this morning.

Jay

mshowman

-14 F on my way to work at 7:05 this morning.

I've had my trail camera set out since last Sunday and plan to check it tomorrow. It should be interesting to see what kind of wildlife activity was going on as the temperatures fell. The pictures will display the temperature.

redtop
-22 at 7am, yesterday high of -7 touched metal on a door handle with a bare hand, and got a burn.

Brad Eden
Whoops -sorry "John" I hadn't seen your similar topic--see... I don't monitor you all the time. Didn't mean to steal your thunder.

bkelble

We were a balmy 12 this morning.  Up on the mountain we were probably closer to 5 or so.  The furnace ran non stop all night and still could not keep up.  I miss my wood stove.  

We are going up on the blueridge for a basketball game this evening. It is supposed to be below 0 there.  Being that I am from Ohio and the other coach is from Penn, we are OK with it.  The kids are besides themselves thinking we are going to freeze solid on the highway.

I fear you Louisiana boys may be getting all our woodcock that did not freeze in place before they could head south.  This may be the effective end of the season.

looch
-25 up here, just north of the NY border. The clutch felt like I was stepping in a vat of peanut butter.

Phred

I am down the road from nothawever and saw the same reading.  The dogs took one step off the porch and peed before demanding back in the house this morning.  School is closed for the second day in a row due to "dangerous cold." They say 20's by the weekend.

Phred

MTRookie76
20 and clear supposed to be 50 and sunny today. But I can feel your pain, had 1 wk straight the temp never got above zero but that was last month. You all can keep the cold weather.

pa'tridge hunters
Coldah than a mother-inlaw's breath  :ghostface: