A new addition at the Briere household

Yea  we have two GSP one going on five and one that just turn one. Out lil one loves the bed and will sneek up in the night and sleep at the foot, But if we tell him to get down he goes to our son room and sleep there. Our Five yr won't get on the bed if I am there but once I get up in the morning to make coffie he is right next to my wife sleeping

Gott love it

lol

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alan Briere

• Brad Eden

• mshowman

• WPG Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a wild, weird, wonderful dog world out there. Thanks for sharing. Makes me feel better.

Alan,  With special thanks to Karen and to John; they know who they are!

Dogs on the bed is a common occurance in our house during the winter but during the summer they prefer the floor go figure.

Gizmo sleeps at the foot of the bed Kiwi sleeps at the head with her head on a pillow. But many mornings I wake to find a fuzzy butt in my face and I am very thankful that I feed them good dog food.

Another night of little sleep. Chester is fresh off a visit to the vet, and a shot of 'roids, and is sleeping a lot better so I was surprised when he started barking and raising hell around 3:00 this morning. He was looking out the front door so I took a peek to see what was bothering him. A masked face, ring tailed visitor was sitting on the front steps. I made Chester go back to bed and shut up (not an easy task).

At 4:30 Chester was scratching on the bed, wanting out. I figured he had to pee since the 'roids make him drink, and what goes in must come out. Within a minute he was barking like crazy and wouldn't come when I called. So there I go, boxer shorts and a fleece jacket, out in to the 20 degree night to drag the dog back. He was looking into the window well and a set of gold eyes were looking back.

5:50 came along and the alarm sounded. Chester wanted out but my wife put him in the car to join her for her early morning jog. I waited until until 7:00 and took the head lamp out to check the window well. Sure enough, still there. It just didn't seem right to me that the coon was hanging around and putting up with the ongoing harrassment.

RIP, Mr. Coon.

Sorry for the popcorn consumption. Its just that..Alan.. you are the most soft hearted pushover when it comes to dogs in general. Not let the Britts run your life? What are you thinking. :D
Alan remember this "If Mamma aint happy aint no one happy" now where my popcorn  :D
Another night of little sleep. Chester is fresh off a visit to the vet, and a shot of 'roids, and is sleeping a lot better so I was surprised when he started barking and raising hell around 3:00 this morning. He was looking out the front door so I took a peek to see what was bothering him. A masked face, ring tailed visitor was sitting on the front steps. I made Chester go back to bed and shut up (not an easy task).

At 4:30 Chester was scratching on the bed, wanting out. I figured he had to pee since the 'roids make him drink, and what goes in must come out. Within a minute he was barking like crazy and wouldn't come when I called. So there I go, boxer shorts and a fleece jacket, out in to the 20 degree night to drag the dog back. He was looking into the window well and a set of gold eyes were looking back.

5:50 came along and the alarm sounded. Chester wanted out but my wife put him in the car to join her for her early morning jog. I waited until until 7:00 and took the head lamp out to check the window well. Sure enough, still there. It just didn't seem right to me that the coon was hanging around and putting up with the ongoing harrassment.

RIP, Mr. Coon.

sucker had a death wish. Funky coon.