Petsmart dog biscuit recall

Source: http://www.dogexplorer.com/content/view/225/1/

Salmonella Contamination Recall Spreads To Pet Food  

Concerns over salmonella contamination in peanut-flavored pet food have PetSmart recalling seven dog biscuit products, according to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The FDA published a notice of voluntary recall issued by the company for its line of "Grreat Choice" dog biscuits sold between August 21, 2008, and January 19, 2009.

According to PetSmart's statement, the firm "is not aware of any reported cases of illness related to these products..." The move is precautionary and due to the fact that salmonella contaminated peanut products produced by Peanut Corporation of America (PCA) may be in the recalled dog food (biscuit).

The company is advising consumers who have these products to stop using them at once. The recalled products are:

Small Assorted 32 oz., UPC 73725702900

Small/Medium Assorted 4 lb., UPC 73725700601

Small/Medium Assorted 8 lb., UPC 73725700605

Small/Medium Assorted 10 lb., UPC 73725702755

Large Assorted 8 lb., UPC 73725700638

Extra Large Assorted 8 lb., UPC 73725700779

Peanut Butter 4 lb., UPC 73725700766

For more information contact PetSmart Customer Service at 1-888-839-9638.

If you have any concern about your dog's health consult your veterinarian immediately. Until next time, remember to Adopt, Adore and share Adventures with your dogs.

Mike Connally
Considering the nasty, disgusting stuff my dog eats whenever possible, I don't know that I'm too concerned.  If salmonella was going to harm her it would have happened by now. :laugh: