Introduction

Welcome! There are a lot of great people on this board...and a few like myself that you'd do well to avoid. ???
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gar-dog

• Trappercase

• Ben Hong

• NHBirddogger

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to have ya . I'm 58 , used to skate all the time until my knees went south about 5 yrs ago . Center , forward , D or goalie ? Lots of Jersey boys to get you going .

Howdy!  You are going to have a lot of fun here.  

When you have time or figure it out, I would love to see your dog and some horseback pics.

Welcome aboard  !  You will be extremely hard-pressed to find a better Board with the quality of folks anywhere else.  Little secret though...Brad brought us Cdns onboard to class the place up abit...

You play hockey..I like that

You bird hunt...I like that

Like what was previously said, you're hired.

Now, if you visit the Fly Fishing Forum and take a gander at RookieEP's "art collection," you'll receive the appropriate indoctrination.

Again, welcome aboard and remember, there's always an open door and covert to hunt in N.S. for you.

Cheers,

T2

Again, welcome aboard and remember, there's always an open door and covert to hunt in N.S. for you.

Nova Scotia, nice.  My man Colin White of the NJ Devils hails from there if I recall correctly.

Here are a few pics.  Ginger is not broke yet, but hopefully we'll get there!

IMG_1409.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

Oh, to those who asked, I am a winger - normally on the right side.

Here are a couple of horseback pics as requested, along with Ginger's first bird this past Fall:

I am on left

IMG_1404.jpg

Far ahead on right of screen:

IMG_1407.jpg

Ginger had been trained on quail.  This was her first time to see a pheasant and it was her first bird:

IMG_1430.jpg

So enough about me.  I appreciate the hearty welcome and look forward to getting to know you folks!

Cheers,

Gary

Welcome to UJ.  I think you'll really like it here.  

You have a nice looking pup.  I'm rather partial to Brittanys myself.  My female is also 15 months old.

Boy do you have all the bases covered...hockey player, hockey fan, dog man, bird hunter... Welcome from this New Brunswicker and make yourself at home.

BTW, if you grew up in Texas, however did you learn to play hockey??

Welcome to the best upland site there is.  And Ben believe it or not Texas has the most hockey teams in the US.  Sure hate to admitt that comeing from Wisconsin.
BTW, if you grew up in Texas, however did you learn to play hockey??

Practice, practice, practice... :laugh:

I actually never skated in my life until I was 35.   I took the little ones skating after we moved up here, tried it out and in 10 minutes made the decision.  So I started lessons and put a team together at work.  I have been 4-5 years to adult hockey camps in Minnesota and did a lot of training for a year or two with Randy Velischek on wednesday mornings with about 8-10 guys.  I manage two teams now - one more in an upper division and one lower.   I actually fit in, given most guys playing in the adult leagues have played since they were kids.  I am just a middle of the pack skater and manage goals now and then.  I even got one hat trick about 2 years ago (ironically, it was a Texas Hat Trick - 4 goals... in a 6-4 win!)

I love the game and love the exercise.  It is a great sport and you can play year round rain sleet or snow.   My youngest son plays travel hockey in his 6th year of playing.  He is playing full-check now and is a bruising defenseman!   His coach is Sergei Starikov - 2 golds and 1 silver with the Soviet Red Army team.  Sergei is a great guy and great with kids, and he actually had a stint in the NHL with the Devils, but that never really panned out as he was already well into his thirties.

If I won the lottery, every day would consist of a morning skate, working the dog, round or two shooting clays, and an evening game.  My wife thinks I get obsessed  :D

Welcome. Your dog looks ready to run. What kind of gun and load did you shoot that pheasant with?

Hey, I see you are from upstate NH.  Went up there this past Fall - Pittsburg.   God certainly painted that area with a beautiful brush!

I think that was either no. 4 or no. 6 3-1/4 dram game load.  I have a Lanber o/u 12 gauge that I hunt with.