Finally! Woodcock

A friend went rabbit hunting today and said in this one low area(very thick to put it mildly) they put woodcock up all over the place. Only a few days left in the season . Just back from all day preserve hunt so I will give "Di" a rest on Sat (me as well). Sun is the last day of deer season so We will get after them on Mon.

Fase3, good to read that someone is getting into birds.  In E TX, especially where I live in the southernmost part of their range, have had very few sightings/points.  Dec & January have been bone dry and all the their usual haunts have no water at all in the creek beds so the surrounding ground has been dry as well.

Went out on Wed this week with no luck -- pounded the usual areas and nary a flush.  Figured that the cold weather in the north part of this zone from last week would have sent them down here but seems they have stayed much further East in their range where its been wetter.  Hope you have a good hunt on Monday!

I've been woodcock hunting with Bkelble and longrifle up in NC twice in the last three weeks.

Got my 1st woodcock three weeks ago and my limit of three this past Monday.  

I'm going up to NC to meet with an even larger group of UJ'ers tomorrow.  Life is Good.