light a survival fire with a shotgun shell.

Time for me to throw a mooneywrench (kinda like a monkey wrench but throws less poop) and give you a new firestarting method.

9V battery and steel wool.  Fluff up the steel wool and touch the 9V to it.  Steel wool works great for tinder with flint and steel too.

Note to those who may have occasion to judge a Boy Scout firestarting competition: When you see a patrol of genius looking fellows using steel wool for tinder, check up their sleeve for a 9V battery taped to their wrist.....

I've also made fire with a firebow setup as was posted above.  It's a workout but it does the job.

You can also make fuzz sticks:

fuzz_sticks.gif

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• erik meade

• rprovines

• brymoore

• Backlash

A friend of mine used to carry a bag of pine needles soaked in gasoline.  They worked pretty good.

Word of warning though, if you need a new supply of pine needles for an outing and they aren't dry yet DO NOT try and dry them with a hair dryer.....

Man, who is in charge of survival anyway's????

Those non bloww out candels, don't leave home without them..... :oh:

Man, who is in charge of survival anyway's????

Those non bloww out candels, don't leave home without them..... :oh:

It was only a matter of time before one of these videos squirted its way free.

Is it Eddie Murphy Raw or Delirious where he does the bit about VD and his junk being a blow torch?  That is some funny stuff.  

Fire-  When we were young, my brother, some friends and I were screwing around in some common grounds.  Someone had some matches and we lighted this old t-shirt that we found.  The shirt was polyester and was burning like Micheal Jackson's hair.  My older bro had the shirt now and was twirling it around.  I don't remember exactly how it happened but the next thing we knew my bro was on fire, instinct kicked in and he almost ran.. thank god one our best friends got him to do the stop drop roll.  I can still remember my brother smoking rolling around like the Tasmania devil on dry dirt and gravel.  Brother had a nasty burn on his back but the worst was his hands 2nd and 3rd degree burns.  At the ER they had to remove all the damage skin.  

Play with fire your going to get burned.

Time for me to throw a mooneywrench (kinda like a monkey wrench but throws less poop) and give you a new firestarting method.

9V battery and steel wool.  Fluff up the steel wool and touch the 9V to it.  Steel wool works great for tinder with flint and steel too.

Note to those who may have occasion to judge a Boy Scout firestarting competition: When you see a patrol of genius looking fellows using steel wool for tinder, check up their sleeve for a 9V battery taped to their wrist.....

I've also made fire with a firebow setup as was posted above.  It's a workout but it does the job.

You can also make fuzz sticks:

fuzz_sticks.gif

Moonery,  Are you still involved in Boy Scouts?

If so, maybe you could answer a question.

Don't they have something in the motto or book of rules or the semaphore code or something that tells kids that they should be fair in their business dealings?

Then why are you guys teaching young boys that it is acceptable to charge $9 for the tinyest little tin of caramel popcorn.  It was the cheapest thing on the list to order.  And I spent $18 (cause I had to order from two kids) and I ended up with about a 3 minute snack worth of popcorn.  I feel cheated by a Boy Scout.

My daughter's Girl Scout cookies are only $3.50 a box. and people actually like those.   Really, the best thing that the caramel popcorn is good for is as a fire starter.

OK I'm no Genius but there's no way I'm dragging a tin of BS popcorn out in the deer woods with me to start a fire - a tin of GS thin mints yeah but I'm not dragging a cow for all the milk I'd need to eat a box either...
8-year old had uncontrollable giggles at your video, Mooney.  His mother came in to see what we were laughing at.  She laughed also but wondered what type of malcontent would post that on the internet.  A former Boy Scout, I guess.

Batteries from the ecollar or transmitter can be used to make a spark to ignite your pile of powder.

I do not think the e-collar will work.  This guy tried and tried to get electricity to ignite the powder.  

http://www.ctmuzzleloaders.com/ctml_experiments/sparks/sparks.html

sparks_unique.jpg

Maybe if you are lost in the woods with an e-collar and some steel wool.

I think I have found a better solution.  Maybe I should start hunting with these.

13495519gvpvrhulkffstn4.jpg

dragon.jpg

http://www.samsguns.com/cgi-bin....T19211F

It says will ignite anything in its path.

Does anyone know how these rounds work on wild pheasants?  I am preparing for a wild pheasant hunt that I am told I will go on in the 2009/ 2010 season.

OK I'm no Genius but there's no way I'm dragging a tin of BS popcorn out in the deer woods with me to start a fire - a tin of GS thin mints yeah but I'm not dragging a cow for all the milk I'd need to eat a box either...

The thin mints do not come in a tin.   It just occurred to me that perhaps I am supposed to use Rex's method on the popcorn tin and make a stove.  It comes pre-loaded with caramel corn fuel.

Those Boy Scouts sure do think ahead.  They are nothing if not prepared.