light a survival fire with a shotgun shell.

thin mints yeah but I'm not dragging a cow for all the milk I'd need to eat a box either...

You are not supposed to eat the box.  Cardboard dipped in milk still tastes like cardboard,  I imagine.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• erik meade

• rprovines

• brymoore

• Backlash

It's not the cardboard - I've eaten enough school pizza tha I can choke that down - it's more the plastic wrappers - needs a good chaser...

If we had a genius thread, I would post this for Ron's benefit since he has a thing about bunnies.

[FLASH=200,400][/FLASH]

Or I might post this for certain self important blow hards that like to be 'right' and argue 'opinions'

[FLASH=200,400][/FLASH]

If we only had a......

matches, duct tape, vitamin I, very small headlamp and a pocketknife.  You guys carry too much stuff, no wonder you need to start a fire...be careful, carrying too much survival gear is a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Bosco - you are a man of wisdom.

Once our schools new general studies requirements kick in I will be teaching a class called "Reason and Argument"

Once our schools new general studies requirements kick in I will be teaching a class called "Reason and Argument"

I thought you were an "Instructor". That would mean you will be "Instructing" students in the use of "Reason and Argument", wouldn't it?

When referred to as a "Professor", you informed us that you are an "Instructor", and insinuated that it was somehow inferior to being a "Professor" Are you now a "Teacher"? Is that a promotion from "Instructor"?

Do you plan to "Profess" a knowledge of "Reason and Argument" to the students? If so, would that not make you a "Professor"?

I will have to check with my department chair and get back to you.  I think instructors are allowed to teach.  Anyway, I was asked if I would "teach" the class.  I am pretty sure that was the word used.  I was not asked to "instruct" the class.  Nor was I asked to "profess" to the class.

Incidentally, next fall I am teaching a Freshman Seminar class on the Goose and Deer problem here on our 3,200 acre campus.  I do not think that I will be teaching, nor instructing, students on starting a fire with a shotgun shell.

I will have to check with my department chair and get back to you.  I think instructors are allowed to teach.  Anyway, I was asked if I would "teach" the class.  I am pretty sure that was the word used.  I was not asked to "instruct" the class.  Nor was I asked to "profess" to the class.

Incidentally, next fall I am teaching a Freshman Seminar class on the Goose and Deer problem here on our 3,200 acre campus.  I do not think that I will be teaching, nor instructing, students on starting a fire with a shotgun shell.

G'day Bruce!

Hope you get that straightened out. I would hate to think that you have been "Professing" all this time at "Instructor's" salary while only "Teaching" the students.

Congrats on your new Governor BTW. How long is this one expected to last?

G'day Bruce!

Bruce?