Personal Protection Dog

I am all for self defense with a gun. The issue in this case would lay with the question, would this woman USE the gun in self defense? That is the question her brother must ask her before getting a gun and she must ask herself. The reason is that if she gets a gun an cannot commit to pulling the trigger and killing another human being, then she absolutely shouldn’t get a gun. If she were to get a gun and use it only to scare someone, it will be taken from her and used against her.  

The best thing to do is to have several layers of protection if you have viable concerns that someone wishes to do you, personally, harm. For the exterior of your home motion detection lighting, dead bolts and good locks and finally a reputable alarm system with Police notification. Inside you should have blinds blocking view of the inside from the outside and a personal protection dog. For yourself the skills to defend yourself, a firearm and possible a safe room if children are involved.

Jay

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bearkat

• dirtdog

• bobman

Thanks for all the great information and conversation about these dogs.  This is why I came here to ask as I was certain it would generate discussion amongst those with experience.  Like I said at first, I didn't even know what questions to be asking.  My sister is still working on deciding what exactly it is she want out of this dog.

She is getting married in a few weeks, so she has a lot on her plate.  We will contact those that have offered guidance as soon as the big event is over.

grousehunter 61
I know that it has been mentioned a couple of times, but a chessie is a very protective dog, also a very loving dog and trustworthy. They love to work and will help around the house, mine pack in the grocery's, carry firewood, the mail, what ever. They bark and let you know if someone is in the yard, they love nothing more then crawl into bed with you, just don't piss them off. If my wife is in the car by herself and someone comes up to the vehicle that she doesn't know, sonny get between her and the person and lets them know she isn't alone. All you need to teach them is come, stay and sit, they will figure every thing else out. Nobody can reach into my truck to take anything out with my chessies sitting there.