OFFICIAL THREAD FOR UJ PIPE SMOKERS!

Breakfast Boy

Over the weekend my car was broken into, the punk stole several nice pipes so I need to look for replacements.  

Any suggestions?  Favorite types?

That sucks!

I'm partial to Peterson's myself.  I like Dunhills but they are pretty pricey  so I only have one.  I got a Stanwell that is built very nice but I haven't smoked it yet (I expect it to be very good as they have a good reputation).

Sorry to hear about the theft, Matt.  I'll add Savinelli pipes to Jim's list.  Check Ebay for some decent deals on those makes.  Mooney suggested a couple of sellers to me and they have a lot of stuff each week.  I think the one guy's Ebay store was called Pipestud or something like that.  Correct me if I'm wrong, Moondawg.

Mooney, you have a Stanwell that you haven't smoked yet?!?  What are you waiting for??

Yeah I haven' fired it up yet....I promised to recitfy that soon.

Here's the shops BB spoke of:

Pipestud is a great guy and runs his consigment shop on eBay.  I've bought from him and sold stuff through him, great experience both ways.  If you sign up for his newsletter through eBay he lists new stuff every Saturday and he sends a list of the new stuff Saturday morning before he starts listing it so you can watch for ones you want.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/PIPESTUDS-CONSIGNMENT-PIPE-SHOP

He also sells tinned tobacco, most of it well aged.  That's sold through another website because eBay has strange rules regarding tobacco:

http://www.pipestud.com/

He's a neat guy too, he's the director of the Texas Sports Hall of Fame and he also calls horse races.

The other biggie is Coopersark.  That's where my Stanwell came from and a good to deal with too.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchan....QQ_mdoZ

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bloodhound

• Breakfast Boy

• ccavacini

• Swampy 16

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The other day I was beat from bushwhacking the grouse woods for a several hours without flushing a bird. I went to the truck sat on the tailgate and packed one of my late father’s  Stanwells with some

While going through some boxes of stuff last evening looking for something unrelated, I came across a full 100g tin of "Frog Morton". What it was doing in a box of sporting goods, I don't know. I was

I was smoking cigars during my long daily commutes and really enjoyed the diversion.  But then cigars became more and more trendy, and with the rise in popularity there was a rapid rise in prices.  Th

Posted Images

Well, my younger brother owed me some cash and said he was broke.  I asked him if he still smoked that pipe he bought used from Riegel's last fall.  He laughed and said he didn't, so I offered him a trade.  Instead of a crisp twenty dollar bill (that's right Mooney, I said twenty bucks), I got his pipe.  It's in pretty good shape and I'll be giving it a test run soon.  So add this one to my small collection.

The stamping on one side says...Killarney.

On the other side it says..."A Peterson Product" Made in the Rep. of Ireland

I can officially say I own a Peterson now!

Killarney2.jpg

Killarney.jpg

Nice Pete BB!

Very helpful thank you.

Anytime!  I'm awesome at spending other people's money  :D

Breakfast Boy

Thanks Mooney.  I thought about you when I seen that pipe was a Peterson.

Aged tobacco, eh?  Does it get better with age, like wine, or what?  What tobacco have you tried aged?  Review??

Hey guys, here's a tip for you fellow pipe smokers who would not necessarily be aware of the "Made in Canada" pipes.

Brigham Pipes is my personal choice of a good smoking pipe. I have several (if only I can find all of them!) Excellent value and there's a pipe for every budget. Comes with replacable rock maple filters. They have been around for over 100 years.

Seles Pipes is somewhat lesser known, but he is a craftsman.

Trypis Pipes handcrafts some excellent pipes.

The award winning "Best Pipe Carver" in the world is Mr. Julius Vesz. Every time I go to Toronto, I make a stop at his shop "Vesz Pipes" in the lobby of the Royal York Hotel (which is about as prestige as one could get). He carries an excellent variety of fine tobaccos from around the world, but his own personal blend is superb.

With the Canadian dollar trading at 80 cents US, now's the time to try. They all have websites.

Breakfast Boy
Thanks Ben!  I'll do a search and see what I can come up with.
Go to "pipedia.org" for anything and everything you wanted to know about the fine art of pipe smoking.
Wife bought me a tin of Nat Sherman 509.  Real good smoke.
Breakfast Boy

Sweet.  I need to get my wife to start buying me tobacco.

Sweet.  I need to ask my wife if I can buy some tobacco.

Dude....grow a pair will ya  :p

Breakfast Boy

Sweet.  I need to ask my wife if I can buy some tobacco.

Dude....grow a pair will ya  :p

Smart@ss.  I buy my own.  But wouldn't mind if she bought some too!

I've held off buying any right now, until I smoke what I've got already.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a recommendation.  Burley,  yup straight burley tobacco.  I like the rich smell so I bought an oz.  Because I smoke mostly aromatics I also picked up a M.M. Pony Express.  Well I'll be damned, this was just lovely.  

Toasted rich flavor, good bit of nicotine my first foray into strait tobacco and I am impressed.

Breakfast Boy
Thanks for the review.  I haven't smoked my pipe in a week or two, but lit up a cigar last night after work.  First cigar since I started smoking a pipe back in October and I tell ya, that cigar tasted like chit compared to my pipe!