OFFICIAL THREAD FOR UJ PIPE SMOKERS!

Breakfast Boy

Tim, I sent you a message. Ended this morning smoking Sam's Blend out of my Nording Woodcock.

20210102_120018.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bloodhound

• Breakfast Boy

• ccavacini

• Swampy 16

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The other day I was beat from bushwhacking the grouse woods for a several hours without flushing a bird. I went to the truck sat on the tailgate and packed one of my late father’s  Stanwells with some

While going through some boxes of stuff last evening looking for something unrelated, I came across a full 100g tin of "Frog Morton". What it was doing in a box of sporting goods, I don't know. I was

I was smoking cigars during my long daily commutes and really enjoyed the diversion.  But then cigars became more and more trendy, and with the rise in popularity there was a rapid rise in prices.  Th

Posted Images

ccavacini
1 minute ago, Sean K said:

Tim, I sent you a message. Ended this morning smoking Sam's Blend out of my Nording Woodcock.

20210102_120018.jpg

ccavacini
Just now, ccavacini said:

That is one good-looking pipe

32 minutes ago, ccavacini said:

Thank you. I love it. I'm crazy about woodcock and anything that has anything to do with them. 

1971snipe
57 minutes ago, Sean K said:

20210102_120018.jpg

Wow, very nice!  How do you like the Sam's Blend?  I have an unopened tin, gifted to me from a guy named Sam several years ago. 

3 hours ago, 1971snipe said:

Wow, very nice!  How do you like the Sam's Blend?  I have an unopened tin, gifted to me from a guy named Sam several years ago. 

I like it. There's nothing about it that sticks out strongly, either good or bad. Just a decent smoke for relaxing and letting your mind wander. 

• 1 month later...

Just when I think I've bought my last pipe...I went on a weird spree recently and ended up with four brand spankin' new Petersons - a sandblast canted bulldog, a rusticated full bent, a walnut smooth 1/4 bent apple and a big terracotta 1/2 bent bulldog. They're all still in the rack waiting for their "maiden voyage" as soon as the weather cooperates. All p-lips of course, and I'm going to try to get used to softies on my pipes as they get used hard and some of the stems are starting to show it. Have to trim the softies to allow for the p-lips. I've got a couple tins of Rattray's Black Mallory that I've been aging for a while; maybe the perfect thing to break them in.  I enjoy seeing the occasional pipe-related posts, so...?

8WXvrphl.jpg

I feel for you, PAS is a tough one, harder to kick than GAS. Less hurdles, easier to punch "BUY" and get your fix...

BTW, I always found the black "softies" to be a bit harsh, they would crack and also make the stem nasty. I ended up buying some clear silicone rubber tubing and just cutting my own.

Those are nice looking pipes f2f, although personally I've never been a fan of the p-lip.  I currently have 1 Pete, it's a Donagal Rocky Zulu shape, with a fishtail stem.  

Lately I've been sampling 20 year old blends from a box a very generous "Secret Santa" from another forum sent me.

The box included Abt a lb each of G&H Sliced Black and No. 12 Mixture (45% Latakia), as well as Levitt & Peirce DPE, along with various old C&D and G&H blends.  Some of the old G&H blends knocked me over with vitamin N, and laid me out onto the couch.  

fmcEhvc.jpg

2 hours ago, Fin2Feather said:

Just when I think I've bought my last pipe...I went on a weird spree recently and ended up with four brand spankin' new Petersons - a sandblast canted bulldog, a rusticated full bent, a walnut smooth 1/4 bent apple and a big terracotta 1/2 bent bulldog. They're all still in the rack waiting for their "maiden voyage" as soon as the weather cooperates. All p-lips of course, and I'm going to try to get used to softies on my pipes as they get used hard and some of the stems are starting to show it. Have to trim the softies to allow for the p-lips. I've got a couple tins of Rattray's Black Mallory that I've been aging for a while; maybe the perfect thing to break them in.  I enjoy seeing the occasional pipe-related posts, so...?

8WXvrphl.jpg

Some really nice pipes right there, all right in my wheel house. This is the type of pipe I prefer, especially the Diamond shank. And I like softies and have one on my only p-lip. It slid right on, no problem.

2 minutes ago, 1971snipe said:

Those are nice looking pipes f2f, although personally I've never been a fan of the p-lip.  I currently have 1 Pete, it's a Donagal Rocky Zulu shape, with a fishtail stem.  

Lately I've been sampling 20 year old blends from a box a very generous "Secret Santa" from another forum sent me.

The box included Abt a lb each of G&H Sliced Black and No. 12 Mixture (45% Latakia), as well as Levitt & Peirce DPE, along with various old C&D and G&H blends.  Some of the old G&H blends knocked me over with vitamin N, and laid me out onto the couch.  

fmcEhvc.jpg

Wow you got BOMBED !!!!! I think I may know which forum. Great score.

With the syrup thread in full swing again...I was thinking that smoking a pipe and boiling syrup might just be two activities made for each other...I have no maple trees, so I will just smoke and think about boiling syrup...